Front wheel making a 90 degree turn

Immanuel Guest

Any ideas how I can get the nose-wheel on the plane going like 90 degree, because sometimes you have to go on the runway and taxiing to the end of it, and then you have to make a 180 on the runway..

Thanks in advance

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

it's in the aircraft config. look for the contact points section. there is normally a guide for each numbers function.

try a smaller plane?

Well... I´ve seen a BAe 146 done it, so... I´m gonna try that..

Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

In real life, the nosewheel won't turn 90 degrees(without a ground handling tug). If you don't care about realism, just slew your way around to your desired direction. If you want realism, learn to deal with the limitations of the aircraft without rewriting the program to suit your needs.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

doesnt a 717 have 87degrees of turn or something?

http://www.jetcityaircraft.com/product_support/717-200.html

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Not sure about the 717, most will turn around 60-70 degrees with the tiller and about 10 degrees with the rudder pedals. With the nose wheel steering scissors disconnected(ground handling by tug), they will rotate 360 degrees. There are small differences between models but I've never heard of one turning 90 degrees. Flight simulator doesn't simulate the tiller steering so sharp turns are not realistically possible. Differential brakes and differential power help to sharpen turns. 🙂

dvorak Guest

I'm a real world pilot, and in real life when I fly the 737-700, the wheel doesnt turn 90', it only turns 78' at max, so we have to use differential braking as well as rudder to turn 180 degrees

In real life, the differential brakes are above the rudder pedals, but in Flight Simulator I think you can use F11 (left) and F12 (right)

Hope this helps

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

Immanuel wrote:

Any ideas how I can get the nose-wheel on the plane going like 90 degree, because sometimes you have to go on the runway and taxiing to the end of it, and then you have to make a 180 on the runway..

Thanks in advance

I use a joystick, and i can get almost any plane to turn on a dime, thanks to the use of differential brakes.
On the runway if i bank left and hit the left differential brake,off it goes! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...