Make custom airport/runway ?

Pro Member Trainee
jonblake Trainee

is it possible to make your own runway whereever you want?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

jonblake wrote:

is it possible to make your own runway whereever you want?

This should do it for you.

http://www.abacuspub.com/ds/dsmain.htm#anchor144430

Radar

spuddi Guest

yes it is.and you can download the program for free from avsim
you can use a program called afcad2 to make your runway and taxiways and apron, then you use another program for making the buildings such as EOD (easy object designer) and FSSC (FS scenery creator).

its not too hard, though theres a few problems to overcome, such as trees/ buildings in the taxiway (got rid of by adding excludes in the scenery.cfg file).

in the end you finish up with a couple of .bgl files (one from afcad and one from FSSC. these go into your addon scenery folder.

I have done this myself recently. There is an island of the devon coast in england called lundy. I have built myself an airfield with a little grass strip and a 3000ft tarmac runway runing north to south the whole length.
i have even populated the apron with all the default aircraft. (to do the aircraft population you need a different program called traffictools, which creates flightplans for AI aircraft). I have made this my fantasy island.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...