Problem with MSFS2004 on top end computer!

TXeagle Guest

If anyone has a remedy to this problem please post it! Just bought a top end computer - HP Pavilion dual 2.0 Ghz processors and GeForce Go 7600 for graphics. I first had a problem with FS even loading but then I loaded it with "default" settings and it did start....but it is al but at a standstill. I loaded FS2002 and it runs great! I have gone to the MS website found that this is a known problem....but I tried all the fixes listed and nothing remedies it. HELP!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
jimbolina Guest

Hi--I had the same problem as i got a new high end computer also. My computer guy said many new computers work on a total DIRECTX format instead of a GL format with directx video only. I could not find a choice in the game to switch to DIRECTX as in the IL2 Forgotten battles......so go to internet and get the Version 9.1 patch and save it to your desktop. Disconnect your computer from the internet and disable all securities. Go to START then CONTROL PANEL then the ADD AND DELETE PROGRAMS. Delete the game. Then reinstall it. Then patch it to v9.1--now start the game but do not fly. Go to SETTINGS and set most to high. Set frame to 32-water low-glare and reflections off. Set display to 1024x768x16 not 32. Now run the game still with no internet and no security. Mine worked great--yours might also.

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

"HP Pavilion dual 2.0 Ghz processors and GeForce Go 7600 for graphics"

It's not a High end PC 🙄 7600 is a medium range video card.
Hig end video card is Nvidia 7800 GS and up or ATI X1800 XT/X850 XT PE and up (Not the X1300 , X1600 )

And how much memory do you have, 1Gb or more?, if not than buy more.

UG_PL wrote:

"HP Pavilion dual 2.0 Ghz processors and GeForce Go 7600 for graphics"

Hahaha, I have to agree.

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

Yeah thats right 🙂 .TXeagle ,your PC is not bad but on the other hand is not "Top End"

WantFSX Guest

Heck, I'm not even sure if mine is a top end computer and it has a 3.2ghz dual core, 4gb of ram, and a 256mb video card!

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

WantFSX wrote:

Heck, I'm not even sure if mine is a top end computer and it has a 3.2ghz dual core, 4gb of ram, and a 256mb video card!

It's super hyper end computer 😂 ,4Gb of ram?? for what? it is just waste $ . You dont need more than 3Gb ,and what type of 256Mb videocard? .You know I can find Radeon 9550 256Mb and its the one of the lowest graphic cards right now. 🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...