ATC vectors

cumpaniciu_one Guest

I filed and got clearance for IFR plan from Seattle Tacoma to Bremerton Int'l. The controller told me to expect ILS 19 approach, then proceeded to vector me to Bremerton.

The last I heard from him was 19 nm north of Brem. airport, he told me to turn 225 and keep 2500 altitude until on the localizer.

The problem is that maintaining 225 degrees from that position would lead me away from the localizer. Is there something I'm missing in the approach procedure, or it is simply an issue with FS9?

Thanks!

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I believe it's just an issue with FS9, it's only an approximation of ATC. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

You're just gonna have to turn the aircraft towards the localizer yourself. That's what I do when I fly into congested airports. ATC tells me around 65 miles out that I'm clear for ILS aproach and gives me the hading for the intercept but it's always off for a couple of degrees. You wanna look for those circles on your GPS and fly into them so you get the ILS signal. Sorry for the terminology. Good luck

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I thought that was fixed in the Update, 9.1. http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/downloads.asp

mypilot wrote:

I thought that was fixed in the Update, 9.1. http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/downloads.asp

Thanks everyone!

I'll install the 9.1 see if this goes away.

MrSam Guest

my problem with ATC is that they wait too long before letting me descend when near an airport. As a result, I'm still descending (at a very fast rate!) when I'm about 15 miles from the runway, where I should be capturing the glidescope, I'm WAY too high.

I don't want to zoom down while descending, because I want to observe the under 250knts when under 10,000feet.

theguru320 Guest

MrSam wrote:

my problem with ATC is that they wait too long before letting me descend when near an airport. As a result, I'm still descending (at a very fast rate!) when I'm about 15 miles from the runway, where I should be capturing the glidescope, I'm WAY too high.

I don't want to zoom down while descending, because I want to observe the under 250knts when under 10,000feet.

It shouldn't be a problem going too fast under 10,000 feet, since you should have some flaps extended at that point (flaps help maintain your speed or slow you down even as you descend)... the ATC should do a good enough job of telling you how early to descend. How fast are you having to descend to intercept the glideslope? Normally you should be at around 5000 feet AGL to intercept it... if you're descending at more than 2200 feet per min then you might have a problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

I decent at around 1500-1800 fpm and always intercept the glideslope. I don't recommend decending faster than this if you are using FSPassanger cause somebody's gonna be mad when you land.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...