AI planes NOT parked close to gates or worse: is this normal

Pro Member Trainee
oalvarezjr Trainee

question and good day to all. my first post, and yes, i have tried searching for the answer to my question. i'm using fs04 and typically fly out of LAX (los angeles intl). i use ultimate traffic. is it normal for AI aircraft to be parked so far away from the actual computer generated gates? was wondering if this was an in-game setting or something to do with the ultimate traffic software.

many thanks in advance!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I use it also and all my aircraft are near the gates.
If you change an AFCAD you might mess it up. It overwrites the one they used.

Run the update and see if that helps.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
oalvarezjr Trainee

thank you. i will do that now.

Pro Member Trainee
oalvarezjr Trainee

is not even close....are they supposed to simply be in the general vicinity or "pretty close" to the gate? one american airlines of mine is smack dead in the middle between two gates....thoughts?

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Does this problem only occur at KLAX? If so, do you have any KLAX scenery enhancement add-ons? That may be whats causing the interference. I personally don't have Ultimate Traffic, however, to make sure its not the aircrafts fault, go to different airports and see if the problem persists. If so, I suggest you try and pay a visit to their forums and see if you can dig up any answers. https://www.simshack.net/products/traffic-360-ai-traffic-fsx-prepar3d-688

Good luck 😉

Pro Member Trainee
oalvarezjr Trainee

throughout the airport as opposed to all at one terminal?

Pro Member Trainee
oalvarezjr Trainee

planes are aligned on the yellow taxi gate markers.....i suppose what i was noticing was the fact that the gates/jetway were not extended to the planes....now, in the airports that are in World Airports 2 (which i have installed) actually have the jetways extended and touching the parked aircraft.....perhaps that is what was causing my confusion. again, thanks very much for your help, i'm still kinda new at this thing.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...