A disturbing thing happened last night...

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

This is the mystery of the year for me...
I will recap what I did before I encountered the issue - I merely installed the Cloud 9 LAX demo software to my FS9 system, along with FSDreamteam Las Vegas (demo version) - both from the official software sites. I then decided to purchased the LAX addon - directly through the fs9 buy option area at top. I then pulled up a Captain sim 757 to kind of taxi around the tarmac of the LAX scenery. I then noticed that some of my computer keys were non-functional (e.g. the Esc key stopped functioning for Exit, in addition to the Shift + P for pushback).

To add insult to injury, I now notice that when I pull up some other aircraft (I tried the default Cessna and the Flight1 MD80), with different sceneries, the entire FS9 system quits (as if I had hit escape) - often while the scenery is beginning to load up! The only aircraft that seems immune to all this is the Captain Sim 757 (the one I had used originally before the calamity). Any theories as to what is going on?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Too many items loaded at one time now which caused the problem.
If you load one at a time it's easier to tell.

Try deleting your fs9.cfg and letting the sim build a new one.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

Where would I find the fs9.cfg Embarassed ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
444Pilot Trainee

I found it in start/ search. Can I delete the file directly from the start/ search area?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I would drag and drop it on the desktop...just in case.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...