Crashing my ATR 72

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Folks,

When I first bought and flew my (Eurowings) ATR72 and BAe 146 add-ons, I was able to land ok as I remember....

I've left it a couple of weeks as I've been practicing basic hand flying skills with the smaller craft.

Now, I seem to be totally unable to land either the ATR or the BAe without crashing them every time !

Can anyone out there take a guess at what you think the Approach / Landing speed should be for these types of planes ?

(Both Planes stall constantly on Approach and start to NOSE UP really badly, can't keep the nose down)... I'm wondering if my Flaps are busted!

..Or maybe this is a technical gremlin.... Any help as usual will bew greatfully received!

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I have the ATR42 and I usually set up for a 120-130 kts for approach, Over the fence you need to slow to around 100-105kts, anymore than that I end up floating half the rnwy away. I don't have a functional BAE. The one I dnld could'nt do a damn thing. Something wrong with the dnld. As for jets, the 737 I set up at 140-150kts, the 777, 150-160kts, speed variations due to weight at landing.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...