Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Installation fails: Write Error - how to ignore?

Yarcanox Guest

My CD-Rom of the fs 2004 is a bit damaged, I fear. So the problem is, xwright_rpm.wav cannot be installed on the hard disk because the file on the disk is damaged.
If this happens, I see an error message and I'm just able to chose between "retry" and "cancel". But this is just a damaged sound from the plane of the brothers wright and this is not an important plane for me.... and it's just one sound.
So I would like to ignore this damaged sound and to continue installing. Maybe anyone know a way to tell the install program to ignore the write error? A command line option or something like that?
Would be very nice because I want to fly Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ignore it if you can or pick it off the CD.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11845/here-is-complete-list-of-what-is-on-each-fs9-disk/

Use the NO-CD crack to run the sim after it's been installed.

You can contact MS and they'll send you a new CD #4.

Radar

Yarcanox Guest

But I don't have the sales slip any more. If I'd call the customer service of my country (Germany), wouldnt they ask for a proof I bought the simulator? Or is it just enough to know the CD key? I thought I couldnt use that service without a sales slip

Yarcanox Guest

Oh and I forgot something:

I think I dont need a crack because the game cd (cd 4) is still working, as far as I know. so that wouldnt be a problem. I'm only not able to install it, because cd 1 is a bit corrupted.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Yarcanox wrote:

But I don't have the sales slip any more. If I'd call the customer service of my country (Germany), wouldnt they ask for a proof I bought the simulator? Or is it just enough to know the CD key? I thought I couldnt use that service without a sales slip

To contact MS for replacement disks, you only need your code that the sim came with. I got a complete new set of disks (I cracked my disk 4) all without a receipt.

😉

Jamie4590 Guest

Cover the surface in water and dry it off with circular motions with a soft cloth. If it still doesn't work then its likely beyond repair. I heard Brasso (brass polish brand) can help but I've not tried that before.

I damaged disk III of Dungeon Siege by crushing it with my settee and called MS support to get a replacement. None of the codes on the box were what they wanted and I was passed to several people to determine if they could send the disk to me gratis. I was on the phone for about 20 mins but they were very professional and interpersonal.

Some weeks later I got a package that contained the complete game not just the disk 3 I needed. Fantastic service. 👍