Installation fails: Write Error - how to ignore?

Yarcanox Guest

My CD-Rom of the fs 2004 is a bit damaged, I fear. So the problem is, xwright_rpm.wav cannot be installed on the hard disk because the file on the disk is damaged.
If this happens, I see an error message and I'm just able to chose between "retry" and "cancel". But this is just a damaged sound from the plane of the brothers wright and this is not an important plane for me.... and it's just one sound.
So I would like to ignore this damaged sound and to continue installing. Maybe anyone know a way to tell the install program to ignore the write error? A command line option or something like that?
Would be very nice because I want to fly Crying or Very sad

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ignore it if you can or pick it off the CD.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11845/here-is-complete-list-of-what-is-on-each-fs9-disk/

Use the NO-CD crack to run the sim after it's been installed.

You can contact MS and they'll send you a new CD #4.

Radar

Yarcanox Guest

But I don't have the sales slip any more. If I'd call the customer service of my country (Germany), wouldnt they ask for a proof I bought the simulator? Or is it just enough to know the CD key? I thought I couldnt use that service without a sales slip

Yarcanox Guest

Oh and I forgot something:

I think I dont need a crack because the game cd (cd 4) is still working, as far as I know. so that wouldnt be a problem. I'm only not able to install it, because cd 1 is a bit corrupted.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Yarcanox wrote:

But I don't have the sales slip any more. If I'd call the customer service of my country (Germany), wouldnt they ask for a proof I bought the simulator? Or is it just enough to know the CD key? I thought I couldnt use that service without a sales slip

To contact MS for replacement disks, you only need your code that the sim came with. I got a complete new set of disks (I cracked my disk 4) all without a receipt.

😉

Jamie4590 Guest

Cover the surface in water and dry it off with circular motions with a soft cloth. If it still doesn't work then its likely beyond repair. I heard Brasso (brass polish brand) can help but I've not tried that before.

I damaged disk III of Dungeon Siege by crushing it with my settee and called MS support to get a replacement. None of the codes on the box were what they wanted and I was passed to several people to determine if they could send the disk to me gratis. I was on the phone for about 20 mins but they were very professional and interpersonal.

Some weeks later I got a package that contained the complete game not just the disk 3 I needed. Fantastic service. 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...