Wing smoke beam

Immanuel Guest

Can anyone tell what the wing smoke beam is called, the one that comes out at the edge of the when flaps are down, and where can I download it??

Thanks in Advance

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

this question was asked and answered a few days ago. they're called vortices and the aircraft on ifdg.net have them.

Immanuel Guest

Yeah thanks, I know, but I couldn´t find it again... SORRY!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Immanuel wrote:

Yeah thanks, I know, but I couldn´t find it again... SORRY!!

What can't you find?

hinch mentions that the iFDG aircraft have them, which can be downloaded from here: IFDG (Now closed) but if you are looking for a download that can be added to other aircraft then try this, it comes with touchdown effects:

HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT!! When those big boys touch down they don’t just chirp -n-smoke the tires... that pillow of air under those wings has to go somewhere. With Nicks Touchdown and Vortex FX's you get to see it and if you’re close enough to the action, choke on it as well!! The provided touchdown and vortex FX's are designed for all weather conditions and usually enhance wet pavement landings. Three custom scaled FX files cover large scale military and civilian transports, Airbus, 777's, 747's, 737's, MD's, 727's along with large and small Lear jets. Users of Nicks Prop Dust can also use Nick's Touchdown with Vortex FX to enhance their LARGE prop aircraft on dry asphalt and concrete runways. Installation requires running the auto-installer and making a minor edit to the aircraft.cfg file. After a great flight wouldn’t it be nice to end it with the realistic WoooooooOOSH that Microsoft left out of Flight Simulator? Now you can be BLOWN AWAY with every touchdown! You can also add this FX to all your AI traffic as well. ENJOY! From Nick Needham Klondikekit@yahoo.com

From here: http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=74518

Be warned, it takes quite a while to install but somebody the other day said it is well worth it once it works! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Payware [sp?] 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Correction - this one is not payware but you're forced to use the installer unless you know how to edit the .cfg files as he gives you no instructions. [sp?]

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...