mel jet

elkin allen Guest

Can anyone help please?!

I attempted to delete a mel jet because of panel problems. Now FS9 will not even start. A message comes up that says- Unable to initialize UAL 747-400. Program will close.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest

I hope someone can help!! I am despreate!

Over the past 2 days ALL day! I have been attempting to install aircraft and panels from various sites. I absolutely cannot get it to work! The most I have been able to do is to get the meljet 747 and 777 to install. FFG, SGA and others do not either install and or run. Some do not even show up in the FS9 aircraft list.

Directions are easy,, obviously I am not doing it right. Some of the aircraft instructions simply state to install in the FS9 directory. Others have specific AC, panel and guages loading instructions.

Can anyone please give me some kind of guidance?! I am just trying too hard maybe. I am sure that someone can casually point out a stupid error that I keep doing.

What I want is: A plane that has realistic features, a virtual cabin/cockpit, cabin and cockpit calls/announcments.

I do have active camera.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ok, your telling me too many things at the same time.
Go to "My Documents" and the "Flight Simulator" folder. Delete the last flight.
Now follow the directions in this link and then come back and tell us how you do.

Good luck.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1817/i-have-downloaded-5-different-aircraft/

Radar

elkinallen Guest

RadarMan,

Thank you very much for you assistance. I have been away for a few days, therefore I am sorry for the late response. I read your stuff and wunderbar! I am able to install aircraft and ,,, somewhat panels.

More help?! I want to install panels in place of the default to Fs9 default panels. you know, after adding an aircraft, download a panel and replace the 'aliased' panel. I am having difficulty doing it. Is the aliasing and fsfsconv stuff necessary?

I tried to follow instructions on aliasing and fsfsconv editing, but I am missing something.

Can you help with this?

elkinallen Guest

Oh! by the way!!

I was able to get into FS9 by holding down ctrl+shf while FS9 was loading. This auto reset the FS9.cfg file.

I love the DC-7!! Do you know about the turbo compound engine that it has? It's 3 'turbos' don't have compressors!!! do you know this? I can tell you about them without going past 50 words if you would like.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I hope this panel tutorial helps you.

If you wish to write about the DC-7 please do so. Many others will find it interesting reading and you don't have to keep it under 50 words, use as many as you like. Yes

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...