no cd patch: Where is the setup.exe file?

Pro Member Trainee
cagle Trainee

could someone please tell me where the setup.exe file fs9 is so I can put the patch in?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9

😉

Pro Member Trainee
cagle Trainee

Greekman72 wrote:

😉

ive looked there and cant seem to find any file marked setup.exe

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You don't replace the setup.exe. You replace the start up.exe of FS.Its the same icon with the one you have one your desktop.
(The one called fs9)

Back up somewhere safe the original one and then just copy the No CD crack and paste it in the directory i point you before.Replace when you prompt to.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

cagle wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

😉

ive looked there and cant seem to find any file marked setup.exe

It's the file with the aircraft symbol followed by fs9 in Greekman's picture.
Just rename that file to fs9.exe.orig and leave it where it is. This way you'll always know where the original is should you ever look for it.

Now just copy and paste the crack into the same folder -- your main FS9 directory. No overwriting required because you've already changed the name of the original.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...