Is there a rule of thumb concerning distances between waypoints? I have a flight plan where the first waypoint is 2700nm away. This doesn't cause me any problems but the track line arcs as its such a long distance. I was wondering if the wayponts are closer together would this actually make the distance shorter because the arc is less pronounced?
1 Answers
The arc is actually making the distance shorter, believe it or not
Its to do with the shape of the earth, if you were to go in a dead straight line it would be quite long. In the real world they also go the arc route where possible, because it shortens the route
Try reading this, I think its to do with the topic you are asking in the post
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
First Officer