Top Gear

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Richard Hammond a presenter on the UK TV show Top Gear has "suffered a "significant brain injury" after crashing a jet-powered car at speeds of up to 300mph during filming"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/5367616.stm

Here is a clip of him in action on the show (aircraft related)

I wish him and his family well

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I remember this Video and this nice guy...I wish him the best... ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Argh, I'm pulling for him since hearing the news yesterday. 😞 I'm a huge fan of the show to say the least.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Poor Guy. He was Pretty good. Good luck to him and his family, hope he make a good recovery.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I wish him the best and hope that he makes a full recovery.

Jamie4590 Guest

I'm praying for Richard to make a full recovery. I first heard the news last night and I was dreading listening to the news this morning. He's a really nice guy and makes Top Gear a must watch for me every Sunday with his humerous comments and mild insults directed at Jeremy Clarkson. I'm not a huge car buff but I do like to drool over some of the machines they have on the show and allocate any lottery winnings that might come my way. As Jeremy Clarkson said earlier today at the hospital speaking on behalf of Top Gear they just want their 'hamster' back.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

hope he makes it through this... top gear wouldnt be the same without him Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

and i wouldn't see him in tesco all the time 😞

good luck to the guy - i'm taller! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

hinch wrote:

and i wouldn't see him in tesco all the time 😞

good luck to the guy - i'm taller! 😀

You see him in Tesco??

Quoted from BBC

BBC wrote:

Doctors said his condition had changed from "serious but stable" to "stable".

Munkeh Guest

Hamster is a legend, and I wish his family and himself all the best, it is more than reassuring to hear he has been able to walk around the ward and eat bowls of cereal.

A website called pistonheads.com set up a fund for the helicopter that transported hammond from the accident site.

Their original target was 500 quid. They are currently at:

£67,270.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have to keep razing their targets because they are just totally BLITZING them.

Gave me faith in the british people tbh, considering all the chavs on tele and stuff.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Great news that he has been up and about

👍

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

i don't like the guy but i don't want him to die or anything. Ever since he wrote a nasty column in the newspaper about single mothers i have hated him. I am being brought up by a single mother and there is nothing wrong with me. He said they werent responsible. So, responsibility is driving a jet powered car is it?
Hope he gets better, wouldn't wish that on any one.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

cheechm wrote:

You see him in Tesco??

yes, i live in the same place.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...