PMDG Boeing 747-400

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

Hi guys im looking at buying this addon tomorrow, but first i got some questions!

Whos got it?

What do you think of it?

What kind of manuals come with it?

Is there a guide on the FMC?

Does it have full autoland for CATII/III?

Is it worth the price?

Whats the best thing about it?

Thanks

Jamie

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
seadogs Trainee

Hi Jamier

I bought the PMDG 747-400 a few months ago and have no regrets. Their is a very good and detailed manual\booklet that explains how to use the FMC. Other manuals explain what do if certain systems fail, how to work the autopilot, basic operations and how to figure the amount of fuel needed for the trip, optimum altitude to fly etc.
The best think about it is the detailed virtual cockpit and the FMC.

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

I can reply to you
Whos got it?
me 🙂

What do you think of it?
I think it is the best addon on the market so far, so detailed, so perfectly painted etc. You have plenty of repaints of it and many more. Just ask what you want to know more.

What kind of manuals come with it?
Almost all you could imagine. Every button and display is explained what's it for.

Is there a guide on the FMC?
That's the big pain for me. There is a guide explaining what is what for and does it cause, but I think there is only 1 example how to program a flight and it is damn difficult for me personally and I kind of stopped paying with it, since it's too hard to me to understand it.Many things don't match with FS9 data. This annoys me.

Does it have full autoland for CATII/III?
I think my knowledge ends over here.

Is it worth the price?
Mmm... I am polish, so born with being tight on money all the time. For me is overpriced, but if you really want to have proffesional (if not 100% real) fmc and 747 cockpit simulator, it's worth of buying it.

Whats the best thing about it?
Reality, details, proffesionalism, low space requiring files, easy install, full technical support. The best on the market in it's category so far.

This is really a proffesional software, no joke. You have to spend at least 2-3h daily for let us say 2-3 weeks to understand FMC really good if you don't have any previous experience. Programing is really important, without it you'll get only alarms going on, warings etc, bad calibration.
It's not an addon just for fun like project opensky, ifdg where you install the aircraft have nice shiny surfaces, give full throttle and take off. Hell no...
It took me about 3 days to figure out how to start the engines properly from 'plain' cockpit. All off. First batteiries, then air bleed for apu, apu on, electricity on, engine bleed, engines ignition.. blablabla.. so much stuff you need to remember.. really this is really good if you want to get to know the procedures that pilots do with checklist. And I mean it, it's damn difficult and complicated. Time consuming as well.. but if you are as freaky as this software.. you'll match. You'll be playing this every day. Get your printer ready, because you need to print the manuals and seat with it and glasses every evening with FS9 on pause and discovering so many lovely features that 747 or 737 has to offer you.

It is up to you. 🙂

ufff...

Pappy55 Guest

I brought it yesterday..

Its awesome

I am kinda freaked out though.... I was able to start her up from cold and dark and take off with out the manual. 😳

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

RESPECT ! 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Pappy55 wrote:

I brought it yesterday..

Its awesome

I am kinda freaked out though.... I was able to start her up from cold and dark and take off with out the manual. 😳

Probably not properly though. Wink

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...