PMDG 747-400 livery problem

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi.. I have a purchased a licensed copy of the PMDG 747-400. All of the PMDG variations of their 747 aircraft appear in the SELECT AIRCRAFT thumbnails just fine. I then downloaded the Northwest livery and ran the file as administrator and received no problems. I checked the 747 folder and the texture and thumbnail and files are all there. However, when I run FSX and look at the opening screen with ALL the aircraft. the PMDG 747's liveries are all there but the Northwest livery is not. I downloaded the Air Force one livery and that does not appear as well. No matter what I do the addon liveries from PMDG are not visible even though the texture and thumbnail files are there. Any ideas?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Make sure at the menu page that "show all variations" box is checked.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman.... The selections are all at "ALL". I have sent a notice to PMDG almost a week ago about this problem and have not received a reply. I wonder if this is typical of their service or are they having so many problems that it takes a while to receive a reply from a support request. It appears that the problem is in their models and liveries that are conflicting with the downloaded livery as I removed some of the models and the 747 Northwest showed up on the selection screen but then caused some other anomalies as well. I am really appauled at the fact that I have received no reply as yet as I gave them more credit than this and expected more from this company that what I am receiving.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I would give them the benefit of the doubt and contact them again.
Let them know in passing that this is the second time you are trying to get an answer for a product you paid them for.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman.... I have found the problem and it was PMDG's programming error. In the aircraft.cfg file for the 747-400, the texture was labeled as texture=PW instead of being texture=NW2 for the new Northwest livery. The same also held true for the Air Force One where the livery is used and the texture was also labeled wrong as well. Both problems have been solved and the new liveries are now as they should have been in the first place. As of this writing I have not heard one peep out of PMDG to my last email informing them of this problem. Thanks for your interest and trying to help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sometimes you have to give up on the designer and do it yourself.
Good detective work, now you can enjoy it.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...