New ATI 4.8 Drivers

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here's what I get with these settings and the ATI Radeon 9800 128 Pro with the new 4.8 Catalyst drivers (try them).
Not my imagination, the FPS improved over the 4.3 drivers by 3 fps...YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(My favorite aircraft)

What settings are you using and what drivers are you using.

Radar

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
tricky2070 Trainee

I'm now using Cat 4.8 with High quality settings and everything set on full in FS9 and it runs smooth i'm a happy chappy can't complain 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Hi RadarMan
I do not know what to think any more. I just installed the new driver and as I wrote several post ago I got a huge drop on frame rate (from 45-50
to 16-1😎 So I had to reinstall my “old” driver the driver I got with the card . I would mined I just troubled that some day I will have to use an updated diver and than I will be in some sh…
In our place there is a say: “The neighbors grass is always greener” .Same with your photo. It looks to me your blue is bluer and the green is greener than mine. Is it the original texture you are using?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rafi,
Odd, The only textures I've ever changed were the runway textures.
I had to hold off on loading new drivers because my other main game (Links 2003) couldn't take new drivers but would accept these.
I know the grass saying and I know another, "if it ain't broke don't fix it", stay with what is best for you.
I guess it has to do with many variables, type of card, heat (clean your fans) CPU ram, weekly defrag etc.
Do you use a driver cleaner and install a new control panel.
With the FPS rate that you are getting and if the picture is sharp I would leave it be. I wouldn't touch it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Steeev Trainee

Rafi, you could always try

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

They are "optimised" ATI drivers, based on the latest version of the Catalyst drivers.
I'm a heavy games player (although, obviously FS9 is a SIM, not a game 😉 ) and I find that in almost every circumstance I have an improvement over the official drivers.

Thanks Steev
I belive it was your recomendition several post ago.
I tryed it with the previus version. The same story. It looks like
my card do not "want" to work with any version exept the cd.
I will try again.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...