ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition

This is for anyone who is thinking of dropping a few extra $ or £ on a super new card.
Be sure to read the specs on FS9.
(They tested with now old drivers)

http://reviews.cnet.com/ATI_Radeon_X800_XT_Platinum_Edition/4505-3025_7-30871661-2.html?tag=tab

Radar

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Hi RadarMan, For me it has always ended up being NVidia. I only upgrade/spend dollars for Flight Sim !!! I always have been perplexed between the two: ATI or Nvidia. The last card I bought, I didn't feel like making a 400 buck mistake, so I actually bought both Nvidia's and ATI's best cards. I flew with both, and concluded that ATI was a bit faster in framerates, Nvidia blew ATI away in graphics. I used Chicago and NY for this test, then took back the ATI card. I have generally found Nvidia cards to be better looking. When the framerates are close as they are, I go for better graphics. Has anyone else bought cards like this? Habu

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Aloha Habu, Yes I have bought both and yes there seems to be a bit better graphics in the Nvidea Card. Ric

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Heh, around sept 20-30th i HOPE, i'll give you my own review of it! I am in no way bragging or anything mind you. I'm darn lucky to have been able to rake together the change for this thing. And, even when i do get it, i wont brag. I know what it's like to have a PC where you have to turn EVERYTHING down in order to play the game well.

lol

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Hi Fire_Emblem_Master, I think you should spend that hard-earned cash on plastic surgery...Haha! Well, I would be interestted in your experience with the new ATI, but how will you know how it compares to NVidia without trying both? thnx, Habu

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...