SearchSearch 

ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition

This is for anyone who is thinking of dropping a few extra $ or £ on a super new card.
Be sure to read the specs on FS9.
(They tested with now old drivers)

http://reviews.cnet.com/ATI_Radeon_X800_XT_Platinum_Edition/4505-3025_7-30871661-2.html?tag=tab

Radar

4 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Hi RadarMan, For me it has always ended up being NVidia. I only upgrade/spend dollars for Flight Sim !!! I always have been perplexed between the two: ATI or Nvidia. The last card I bought, I didn't feel like making a 400 buck mistake, so I actually bought both Nvidia's and ATI's best cards. I flew with both, and concluded that ATI was a bit faster in framerates, Nvidia blew ATI away in graphics. I used Chicago and NY for this test, then took back the ATI card. I have generally found Nvidia cards to be better looking. When the framerates are close as they are, I go for better graphics. Has anyone else bought cards like this? Habu

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Aloha Habu, Yes I have bought both and yes there seems to be a bit better graphics in the Nvidea Card. Ric

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Heh, around sept 20-30th i HOPE, i'll give you my own review of it! I am in no way bragging or anything mind you. I'm darn lucky to have been able to rake together the change for this thing. And, even when i do get it, i wont brag. I know what it's like to have a PC where you have to turn EVERYTHING down in order to play the game well.

lol

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Hi Fire_Emblem_Master, I think you should spend that hard-earned cash on plastic surgery...Haha! Well, I would be interestted in your experience with the new ATI, but how will you know how it compares to NVidia without trying both? thnx, Habu