SearchSearch 

PMDG FMC Information. Please help

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I've been having some trouble recently with the PMDG 737NG's FMC. I have the 0608 AIRAC installed. I went to navdata.at and downloaded the latest SIDS/STARS, and I put them in to the PMDG's SIDSTARS folder. As a result, when I would try and input departure/arrival information, I kept getting errors, (i.e. EHAM err: DH1905C not available). I did some searching, and found that I was supposed to go to http://planepath.com/ and download the latest terminal procedures from there. So I did, and as a result, EHAM has no SIDS now. Please advise.

Also, I tried to upgrade to the 0610 AIRAC, but Navdata redirects me to Navigraph, and apparently, I don't have enough "credits" to download the latest AIRAC. From what I see, I have to pay for it, which is something I can't do.

16 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'm not sure but you may get a more informed response over at their forums - they'll have the greatest knowledge on the topic 😉

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Thanks Jon 😉 I'll put in a word there.
If anyone here has any information, please let me know 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

WTFAYOA???

My guess at the answer is: blamange

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Don't know what to tell you about the procedures, but yea. Navdata is now at Navigraph and it costs around 3 dollars to get an AIRAC. Lame, but what can you do.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Bindolaf, thanks for your input 😉

Insight, can you please elaborate 🙄 .. I"m not to sure what most of the Acronyms mean, and what is blamange?. Thanks

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Bindolaf wrote:

Don't know what to tell you about the procedures, but yea. Navdata is now at Navigraph and it costs around 3 dollars to get an AIRAC. Lame, but what can you do.

Use other aircraft. Using payware is one thing, but when it becomes an ongoing expense, can anyone say rip off?

Fan o' Flight Guest

Crosscheck9, I can't help you with your problem, because I've decided to try the new, 0610 AIRAC.

I, however, encountered a problem I'm wishing somebody would help me with.

After downloading the AIRAC, I downloaded the SIDS/STARS for it from Navdata.at, and I kept getting the error in my FMC. I decided to do what you did, and go to planepath.com and download the latest terminal procedures. What ended up happening is I have a few procedures in my FMC, but I'm lacking a large majority of them. Can anyone please, please suggest a solution. Thank you

Crosscheck9, again, I apologize for not being able to help you.
CrashGordon, I agree about Payware becoming an on-going expense. Its absurd that they would do this. I know its wrong, but piracy sounds like a better option as a result of their antics. If they're going to rip us off, we might aswell do the same. Thats not to say I'm going to revert to piracy though. Happy flights

Fan O' Flight

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Its only like 3 bucks or something, plus the AIRAC data is much better then what it was before.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

Insight, can you please elaborate 🙄 .. I"m not to sure what most of the Acronyms mean, and what is blamange?. Thanks

😀

WTFAYOA?

What the f**k are you on about?

🙂

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Isnt blamange the creature from space that Amos Potgourtney manage to conquer and save the planet?

Ya, I is a huge Monty Pythin fan

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

crosscheck9 wrote:

I've been having some trouble recently with the PMDG 737NG's FMC. I have the 0608 AIRAC installed. I went to navdata.at and downloaded the latest SIDS/STARS, and I put them in to the PMDG's SIDSTARS folder. As a result, when I would try and input departure/arrival information, I kept getting errors, (i.e. EHAM err: DH1905C not available). I did some searching, and found that I was supposed to go to http://planepath.com/ and download the latest terminal procedures from there. So I did, and as a result, EHAM has no SIDS now. Please advise.

Also, I tried to upgrade to the 0610 AIRAC, but Navdata redirects me to Navigraph, and apparently, I don't have enough "credits" to download the latest AIRAC. From what I see, I have to pay for it, which is something I can't do.

I really cannot be 100% certain about this, but I thought that PMDG advertised that you would be able toupdate theAIRAC stuff for FREE from their website-FOREVER. I realize the AIRAC stuff has switched locations, and I had heard some form of payment was needed to get it--but PMDG should be picking up the tab as advertised

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

ya, I still have not flown my 747 yet and I had it for 5 months 😂 I cant get that dang FMC to work😞

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I think PMDG gave fair warning that the AIRAC database was going to change and it sucks that you have to pay for it Mad although it has some improvements. If you continue to have this problem just try reinstalling the PMDG 737NG.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Ranald, have you bought the new AIRAC database?

Is it significantly better than 0608? Also, do you know how often they will update it? Will the future updates be priced aswell, or will they just remain as "patches"?

Thanks 😉

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

Ranald, have you bought the new AIRAC database?

Is it significantly better than 0608? Also, do you know how often they will update it? Will the future updates be priced aswell, or will they just remain as "patches"?

Thanks 😉

Well I have just purchased it and the AIRAC 610. The new cycle comes out every month and for 10 euro (100 credits) I will be able to download the next 5 AIRAC's. I havnt tried it yet so im not sure if there is a big differance but ive heard it is much more accurate then the free version was.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I see 😉

I'm going to have to consider the purchase, or else I won't be able to fly the aircraft, and for the past while, I haven't been flying anything but the PMDG 737 😳

Thanks ranald 🙂

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions