elevator trim for P-51D

Pro Member Trainee
mikebl Trainee

I recently downloaded a P-51D to FS2004. Everything works great but I'm having trouble flying straight and level. Since there is no trim tab on the panel I have to use my 3 and 4 buttons on my Logitech 3D Pro. I can't seem to find that 'happy meduim' and I'm either climbing or desending.
If the problem can be solved by going into 'Settings' and clicking sensitivites, what do I need to do?

Thank you ahead of time for any help with this

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Have you tried 1 + 7 on your Num Pad respectively?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The elevator trim assignment has a repeat box that controls the rate that the tab will move with a continuous push of the button. Adjusting the rate slider may make the trim tab less sensitive.

Trim system
The elevator trim tab is designed to remove control pressure during flight. It is not a autopilot. It is normal for the aircraft to climb or descend when the pilot releases the stick even in a correctly trimmed aircraft. You have to fly the aircraft at all times. The trim is to prevent pilot fatigue in small aircraft but was not even included in the first aircrafts(the Jenny doesn't have a trim system). In large aircraft it's more important because the pilot may not be able to overcome the force of a out of trim condition. It's like if you take your hands off of the steering wheel of a car on the highway, it's trimmed to go straight but it will only go straight for a short distance without small corrections. Same thing with an aircraft, you have to fly it with small corrections unless it's on autopilot. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...