Cloud cover

Welshflyer Guest

Sorry to be back , but i need your expertise again i'm afraid. Could anyone please tell me how to get that carpet of cloud that extends as far as the eye can see in FS9 like you could in 2002. I've tried 8/8 clouds and lots of different variations in user defined weather,even when i choose grey and rainy or major thunderstorm as soon as i leave the airport environment the cloud cover clears.Your help would once again be greatly appreciated.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Apparently FS9 does not simulate overcast skies... isn't that great? Even with Active Sky 6 you can't get the "blanket" effect 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Bindolaf wrote:

Apparently FS9 does not simulate overcast skies... isn't that great? Even with Active Sky 6 you can't get the "blanket" effect 🙄

Don't know what your talking about, I get totally overcast all the time, when it is actually overcast. Its totally overcast at my house right now and when I fly over in FS it'll be exactly the same.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Climb and cross the cloud cover, fly on top. Can you see the ground? Yes you can. You should be seeing only clouds.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Might wanna check the overcast enhancement feature. Never had a problem.

Here was flying over my house an hour ago.

Welshflyer Guest

Thanks for your reply Bindolaf.Once again you good people at flyaway have come up with an answer.Bit strange for a flightsim not to have overcast weather though! Perhaps all the designers live in Sunny climates.

Welshflyer Guest

Thanks Solotwo, posted my reply before i saw yours,i'll check it out.

Welshflyer Guest

Solotwo, sorry to be a pain in the ****,but could you tell me where the overcast enhancement is i can't seem to find it .I've checked advanced weather, clouds,visibility etc and tried that.I took off with low visibility, clouds set to 8/8 and climbed to 8,500ft using instruments due to no visibility and thought this is looking good.I broke through the clouds, had a look around and guess what? Yup, broken cloud and a nice view of the Seattle area.Are you using realtime weather option with snapshots off the internet, if so i can't do that because my internet connection is not on when i use FS9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I meant that post to Bindolaf regarding an option you can use with Active Sky 6, are you using that or the default ms setup?

Welshflyer Guest

I'm using the default setup, i don't have active sky but thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the delayed reply, i just did a quick flight from EGFF to LEAL.

Welshflyer Guest

P.S Nice screenshot.

Welshflyer Guest

Solotwo, i just read the posts for FSX and you said when can we get rid of the guest feature.I hope you did'nt mean it and you were just letting off some steam because without you and so many others help, a lot of us out here would be lost.Flyaway is without a doubt the most knowledgeable,friendly and informed Flightsim site there is.I know some of us guests appear to be as dull as dog**** but not all of us are.By the way that's a compliment.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...