Longest successful flight.

Pro Member Trainee
buckman7111 Trainee

Personally, I don't like to fly long flights on FS2004. I have flown from LAX to Honolulu, which was probably my longest flight. I have also flown from Columbus, Ohio (my hometown) to Las Vegas, Nevada nonstop in a single session, which is still only about 4 hours.I have been planning to do a trans atlantic flight and possibly a trans pacific flight but I have not yet got around to doing that. So I was wondering how long everyone else has flown (not using the skew mode).

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

15 hours 😉

Pro Member Trainee
buckman7111 Trainee

Sweet.....where did you fly?

Welshflyer Guest

I'm the same,Idon't really like these long haul flights.I too normally fly from my nearest airport which is Cardiff(EGFF) in Wales UK, to places like Spain, Italy,Greece and Turkey varying in times from 2-4hours.Usually using 737 or 757's.

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

Dover to Afgan about 12 hours in a C-5a

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

26 Hours...Boeing 747-400...KLAS to KLAS...following Burt Rutan's around the world route...

DThak Guest

Actually I've been thinking about flying around the world in a Baron 58 or a Bravo. It's gonna be a long trip but I'll take breaks from it so as not to get burned out. I'm still working out my route but I think I have the first half pretty well planned out.

Does anyone know of a program that would track my progress? I could use google earth but I'd rather use something else.

Have any of you guys and gals attempted this? How did it work out if so?

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

DThak wrote:

Does anyone know of a program that would track my progress? I could use google earth but I'd rather use something else.

I used FSpax as a tracking device:
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/19020/around-world-in-crj-900-final-leg/#118646

For pictures, do a search for "CRJ-900" with username "NoWorries"

Guest Ed Guest

DThak wrote:

Actually I've been thinking about flying around the world in a Baron 58 or a Bravo.

Several of us have been around the world (I've done it twice in the Lear Jet) but doing it in a prop plane is a bit more rare. There used to be a regular here by the name of The GPS Kid who did it in a Baron, if memory serves. And I think RadarMan talked about doing it in a DC-3, but my memory is pretty spotty on the facts-- the actual flight may have been before I started visiting here.

Ed

DThak Guest

Thanks NoWorries I'll have to get FS Passengers, It does seem to have a cool map tracking feature. I've tried out the demo but never got around to buying it. I'll check out the CRJ too.

And props to RadarMan if he did it in a DC-3, thats amazing!

DThak Guest

Sorry to double post....

Just saw your post on your flight NoWorries. That is cool, you got some great screenshots. My route out of the US might be up to Alaska to the aleutian islands then down through Japan......gotta see New Zealand too....
Anyways I'll take screenshots and post em up when I get going on this.

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

St John, Nova Scotia to Reykjavik, Iceland in the Mooney Bravo with minutes of fuel to spare was a heart pounder!

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

DThak wrote:

Actually I've been thinking about flying around the world in a Baron 58 or a Bravo.

Currently working my way east around the world in the Bravo from Martha's Vineyard. Presently in Turkey on the Med coast.

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

I hate long flights. I dont see much fun in it as my scenery isnt too good - not enought space to improve it till I get more memory, and planning the approach and landing is by far my favourite bit anyway. the longest flight was 400 miles for cargo pilot, landed safley but overshot and missed the runway by a few metres....well miles act lol - baldoon (UK09.) Short runway with no lighting, it was pitch black, i only saw it when I was 1000 feet straight above it. Now i just set my aircraft range to 300 so I get set shorter flights.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...