Longest Runway in Flight Sim

murjax Guest

I thought it was nasa too but I am not sure. Anyway I am in the process of making a 100,000 ft runway off the coast of Jacksonville,FL. I am making it with AFCAD and if it works right, it will be the longest runway in flight sim. 😀 😀

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Nes (Nes) Trainee

what?? 100.000 ft, you must be kidding, with 100,000 ft runway you can round a plane with 10 times bigger than A380 lol...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

This is an old question, read my previous post for a list of the longest runways.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/13308/longest-airport/#83575

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

if that 100,000 foot strip is completed, it will be 4 times longer than the strip at area 51

murjax Guest

I will get that 100,000 ft strip out as soon as possible. By the way, it might even be 100,000 ft wide too. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL I will see what I can do.

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

o rly?

cause if that's the case, that'll be one huge square!

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😎 😂 😂 😂 😀 😀

murjax Guest

That's right. One huge square so that people who are still learning to fly can use it to practice their landings. If someone misses the landing, they don't have to go around. They can just try it again. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

...after bouncing a few times

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

why not use the airstrip to practise circuits???

murjax Guest

I have hit some trouble. It seems as since I am doing it on water, most of the runway looks like water. only one little part of it looks like a runway. I am going to try putting it on land in antarctica and see what happens. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

this will help to get the antonov in the air. I tried manston like suggested but it was still more than 2000ish feet too short.

Pro Member Trainee
Pappy55 Trainee

murjax wrote:

That's right. One huge square so that people who are still learning to fly can use it to practice their landings. If someone misses the landing, they don't have to go around. They can just try it again. 😀

or when you are on finals you could save and reload it if you mess up?

murjax Guest

Unfortunately, the 100,000 ft runway isn't working. 😞 However, I will be trying it at 50,000 and see what happens.

murjax Guest

I am so sorry but AFCAD isn't letting me make overly sized runways. I will try to make some other things in the future.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

I don't think the default scenery does it justice, but out in the west desert of Utah are the famous salt flats. The sim doesn't make it white like it should be but I've been on them a time or two watching time trials (cars) and there is definetly ample room for landing about anything several times in a row. In fact the time trial track is 10 miles long and they keep it smooooooothh as can be.

Just reminded me of when we were there once. Cars all lined up down the side of the track (about 1/2 mile away) and something catches my eye to the right. I turn just in time to see a beautiful silver Electra skimming just over the row of cars. A few minutes later, it comes taxiing up and parks itself on the line of observers, between several widely spaced cars. It was pretty cool!

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

same with the arizona proving grounds. that's where gm tests all of their cars. i've been there a couple times. tell me about touch and goes! 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...