A new definition of insanity.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Think of this. You pay $70.00 for FSX Deluxe and then go out and spend a couple thousand dollars for a computer to run it.

It makes you wonder. 🙄 😳 😂

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Hi CG,

Probably missed this somewhere along the way, but do you actually own FSX?

Totally agree with what you have posted above, but i think a lot of people are going to be prepared to spend a whole lotta cash on a system becuase fsx is pretty damn brilliant.

Micah

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Worse when you've spent over 1 grand on upgrades and now I plan to spend 4k + on a new computer, THEN 70bucks for FSX, and then more addons for that.

Stupid.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

Hi CG,

Probably missed this somewhere along the way, but do you actually own FSX?

Totally agree with what you have posted above, but i think a lot of people are going to be prepared to spend a whole lotta cash on a system becuase fsx is pretty damn brilliant.

Micah

Yes, the deluxe edition. My computer isn't even 1-1/2 years old. Now I am planning one which will last 5 years, but which will probably be rendered obsolete by FSXI. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Worse when you've spent over 1 grand on upgrades and now I plan to spend 4k + on a new computer, THEN 70bucks for FSX, and then more addons for that.

Stupid.

Not really. A year from now, the vast majority of addons being released, will be for FSX, not FS9. While you might get some FS9 addons to work in FSX, FSX addons will definitely not work in FS9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I know, I mean more addons for FSX. Plus hopefully a lot of mine won't charge much when they convert them, if they do.

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

Bill Gates words of wisdom are: Look, just be good little capitalists, stop thinking, and continue playing in the money machine's playground.
The product is better, better, better.
Now go back to sleep.
Buy, buy, buy. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Yip - I'm there too !

I only bought my PC just over a year ago and had it custom built for FS2004 - i sure had some fun and absolutely amazing performance from the processor, RAM and Graphics card (40 FPS i the Level D 767 VC at Heathrow!)....... but alas, with FSX I am struggling to gt 10 FPS at my local default scenery airport (EGNT), in the default A321.

I'm not criticizing FSX though - it's going to be AMAZING! I mean with the graphics settings set even at "Medium High" the scenery is stunning!

It's just a shame that I'm going to have to spend another £1,000 for a decent, modern, dual core PC to run it on....

......and it's so frustrating waiting for the decent add-ons to come along for FSX. The default planes are an improvement on FS2004 in graphics but not in systems, flight dynamics or VCs.....

I can't wait to see the add-ons that will come along from PMDG, Level D, etc for FSX !!!

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Pro-Sim wrote:

Yip - I'm there too !

I only bought my PC just over a year ago and had it custom built for FS2004 - i sure had some fun and absolutely amazing performance from the processor, RAM and Graphics card (40 FPS i the Level D 767 VC at Heathrow!)....... but alas, with FSX I am struggling to gt 10 FPS at my local default scenery airport (EGNT), in the default A321.

I'm not criticizing FSX though - it's going to be AMAZING! I mean with the graphics settings set even at "Medium High" the scenery is stunning!

It's just a shame that I'm going to have to spend another £1,000 for a decent, modern, dual core PC to run it on....

......and it's so frustrating waiting for the decent add-ons to come along for FSX. The default planes are an improvement on FS2004 in graphics but not in systems, flight dynamics or VCs.....

I can't wait to see the add-ons that will come along from PMDG, Level D, etc for FSX !!!

😀

Nice to see you back David! Its been a while.

People have good expectations from payware developers for FSX so I doubt we'll be disappointed.

Good luck with the upgrade! 😉

Pro-Sim Guest Guest

Hey Jon,

Good to se you're still around here buddy!

I'm off to fly to Antigua (V C Bird Intl) tomorrow am (in real life) on my honeymoon..... on a Virgin 744, and if FS9 / FSX is accurate, there ain't no ILS so hope we've got a good pilot!

See you in a couple of weeks, when hopefully the FSX pace is hotting up!
😀

David,

Pro-Sim

(not logged in!)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Pro-Sim Guest wrote:

Hey Jon,

Good to se you're still around here buddy!

I'm off to fly to Antigua (V C Bird Intl) tomorrow am (in real life) on my honeymoon..... on a Virgin 744, and if FS9 / FSX is accurate, there ain't no ILS so hope we've got a good pilot!

See you in a couple of weeks, when hopefully the FSX pace is hotting up!
😀

David,

Pro-Sim

(not logged in!)

Group Wave

Secret Psst...don't spend too long on the internet, you might annoy you know who Whip 😂

Congratulations and have a great time!

👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...