PLEASE HELP Check Ride for Transport Pilot

mattys Guest

Hello all,

Just a tad frustrated as I seem to be unable to complete the Airline Transport Pilots Rating Check Ride :ATP.

I am able to get to the Calverton VOR on heading 090 hoever when I turn to 060 for 1 minute and the intersept the radial I get a message saying I have exceeded the flying area.

The instructor says nothing about changing altitude, howvere am I supose to decend after passing CCC.

Sorry to ask a silly question, however I seem to get through the majority of the checkride just fine and I can see what I am doing wrong....PLESE HELP 😳

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Umm... It's a strange problem, that I will look into by flying the checkride myself today for you. There have been no error reports of this to my knowledge, and after several searches - nothing found. I will look into it... 🙂

I look forward to your feedback, hopefully then will I stop pulling my hair out. Twisted Evil

Try expediting your turn!!

Have any of you guys had problems with the ATC?? Was that what the last post was sarcastically referring to? The expedite turn thing really pisses me off. How the hell can the ATC not realise when you have completed your turn? Pah! A waste......of time and money. This game does not appear to be functioning in the way the price I paid for it says it should.

vorxio Guest

This is what I'm curreently doing (I've not passed the chekride yet):

When you reach the VOR turn left to 060 wait about 1 min then turn right to 270.
You must reach the VOR at least 1.5 miles north from it.

OK:
<--270 --

[CCC]

KO:

[CCC] <--270--

When you reach the vor, turn to 090 to make the first circle, wait 1 min. turn back to 270; when you're about 4 miles from the VOR you'll hear the ATC. Then you must turn to 249 and reach the airport.

vorxio Guest

Hi,
After 19-20 retries and many many punches to the monitor I passed the ATP checkride ...

Click search
Enter: "ATP checkride" in the search box
Select AND (match all words)
Select "Also search the archived threads"

Good look ... it's (ultra) hard but not impossible !!!!

Marzio

av8n Guest

Mattys,

Your right on...I kept trying to fly the check ride with the joystick (nearly impossible to stay in tolerances)....so then I kicked on the auto-pilot thinking I had deviated to much on heading/altitude or airspeed. No doubt in my mind I flew it correctly (numerous times) and each time I'd bust the ride with the same error meesage.

So rest assured it's not you!

geezee_au Guest

when you travel to the VOR, do not pass directly over it . Pass slightly to the side. As you fly over a VOR you lose signal and so the program thinks you have gone outside the area. This works for me, hope it works for you

guest Guest

geezee_au wrote:

when you travel to the VOR, do not pass directly over it . Pass slightly to the side. As you fly over a VOR you lose signal and so the program thinks you have gone outside the area. This works for me, hope it works for you

There is now way of passing this thing. Even after the hold and the 249 interception, the "by the chart" entry after you land she still tells you you deviatted. DO NOT EVEN BOTHER TRYING. I used autopilot all the way and was told I still deviatted. A perfect landing. I still deviatted. There is a definite bug in the software or ms wanted to get longitivety out of the game.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...