Display Problems: Scenery flickering (especially trees)

Guest Guest

Hi. I hope someone might be able to solve a problem for me please. I am operating a 2.0GB/512 RAM/Windows XP system. A problem has developed on my FS2004. I have tried reloading but without success. The scenery flickers and in particular the trees. The actual screen doesn't flicker just the scenery. I thought it might be my NVIDIA drivers that needed updating but it says that I have the lastest software installed so I can't think of anything else. I have tried changing the display settings in FS2004 but that doesn't seem to make any difference. My FS2002 on the same computer is working fine. Hope someone can assist. Thanks.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's the 512mb ram, it takes longer for textures to render. Your video card may be too old even with new drivers.
Turn down the scenery and scenery distance, see if you have too many programs running in the background and if you have too many of your Sim slides too far to the right (clouds, shadows, traffic). All of this steals resources from the texture rendering
If you have the scenery draw distance too far you'll get that also.
Try some of these and see if it helps.
2002 isn't as graphic demanding as 2004.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...