Difference between FSX and FS2004

Immanuel Guest

Heey..

Can someone tell me the dfference between FSX and FS2004?

Is FSX an newer version of FS or is an upgrade or somthing...??

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Yes, FS2004 (the year it was released) or FS9 (because its the 9th version) is the older simulator now.

FS2006 (the year it was released) or FS10 (because its the 10th version, called FSX because X represents 10 in Roman Numerals) is the latest version, released worldwide at the moment.

Note: If you are thinking of running FSX, be warned that it is extremely power hungry before you wonder why you are getting 2 FPS.

That information might stop you getting verbally assaulted in the FSX General Forum at a later date.

😉

99jolegg wrote:

Note: If you are thinking of running FSX, be warned that it is extremely power hungry before you wonder why you are getting 2 FPS.

LOL !!

Immanuel, if you got a slow Computer FSX is more a Screenshot Generator than a Simulation Smile

Me for example, I have a AMD 3200+ @ 2,4 Ghz, GeForce 7600 GS, 2 GB DDR Ram, and FSX looks really nice on my PC, better than FS9 definitely.

I think 2 Ghz and a good Grafik Card are a minimum for really enjoying FSX. If you got less Power than that you should go with FS2004 for now. Its cheap and there a tons of Addons making it look very nice

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...