fuel

MEYLAN Guest

hi, flight simulator always fills the plane full with fuel no matter where your flying to .Is there somthing i can do which automatically put the correct amount of fuel for acertain flight . Or i'm i going to have to work it out for my self . Thanks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
meylan Guest

Ok , i've found the estimated fuel burn in the nee board. Sorry but i do have another question , how do i determine my real airspeed from the indicated airspeed dial . thanks

True Airspeed Calculator(TAS)
www.csgnetwork.com/tasinfocalc.html

MEYLAN Guest

Thanks, but how do real pilots do it , also on the speed section of the navigation log it says i should be travelling at a particular speed , how do i know i'm travelling at that particular speed from the indicated airspeed dial .
do i have to work it out myself ? thanks

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

MEYLAN wrote:

Thanks, but how do real pilots do it , also on the speed section of the navigation log it says i should be travelling at a particular speed , how do i know i'm travelling at that particular speed from the indicated airspeed dial .
do i have to work it out myself ? thanks

I make sure I have about 30% fuel remaining once my flight is finished. This is because in real life you may be ask to circle the airport waiting to land in order. If you file your flight IFR, you will have all the information you want and need on the GPS. Look at ground speed to show your real rate of speed over land. The GPS is a total source of information. You should study this instrument in flight school in the sim.

meylan Guest

PIC1stOfficer wrote:

I make sure I have about 30% fuel remaining once my flight is finished. This is because in real life you may be ask to circle the airport waiting to land in order. If you file your flight IFR, you will have all the information you want and need on the GPS. Look at ground speed to show your real rate of speed over land. The GPS is a total source of information. You should study this instrument in flight school in the sim.

THANKS , just to clarify the speed on the nav log is the GS and this is the speed i should be travelling at. Is this correct . thanks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...