looking for a tutorial to replace ultimate traffic models

meylan Guest

Hi, i'm looking for a tutorial of some kind to help me replace ultimate traffic's PAI models with more frame rate friendly models like AIA and others .If anyone knows of one please let me know . Thanks

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The World of AI models are more framerate friendly. We've already been through that.

Why don't you just uninstall UT and take the manual approach as suggested to you in previous posts.

meylan Guest

Tailhook wrote:

The World of AI models are more framerate friendly. We've already been through that.

Why don't you just uninstall UT and take the manual approach as suggested to you in previous posts.

Hi Tailhook , yes i know PAI have more polygons than some other AI models .I got the impression the poster in the previous post was suggesting i stick with UT as the manual method of installing AI was time consuming .Although i'm sure the manual method is far more rewarding i'd preferably like to stick with UT but just replace PAI models with more frame rate friendly models.
Maybe if someone knew they would of showed interest on CrashGordon's original post that i dug up the other day but i thought i'd start this thread as a last chance . Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I understand your apprehension but keep in mind that the 'original post' you're referring to is I guess about a year old. A year in flightsimming is comparable to a millennium - things change rapidly.

UT for fs9 has practically stood still while World of AI to name but one has made great strides.
I very much doubt you'll find a tutorial of how to replace the PAI aircraft of UT with the much better ones which have become available in recent times.

Why would anyone in their right mind waste their time writing a tutorial reinventing the wheel?

So installing AI manually might be a little time consuming --- what's the big deal? At least you'll know what you've done and troubleshooting, should it ever be necessary, won't be causing you to contemplate suicide.

To recap: If you and so many others could be bothered to spend only 15 minutes perusing the World of AI site and follow their instructions, you'd have beautiful AI traffic all around you - probably more than you care for.

But, by all means, stick to the old ways, reinvent the wheel and my prediction is that in three month from now you'll be still wondering how on earth one can possibly add freeware AI traffic to FS.

meylan Guest

Ok Tailhook with your gentle persuasion plus realising that swapping the models will take a lot longer (it's not just a case of replacing the 41 models UT installed with other models) and finally going down to 10 fps at heathrow with UT set at 60% has prompted me to uninstall UT.

I'm all clued up on how to install World of AI and i have the installer but i have do have a simple question if i may .

Are all the packages that have been made on this page (link below)or is there more on Avsim and flightsim.com .I ask because there is only one British airways package on the page but searching flightsim i found three different one's for UK, the Med and an other.
http://www.world-of-ai.com/packages.html

Thanks

meylan Guest

Also what happens to the default fs traffic when i have some world of AI traffic installed ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

meylan wrote:

Are all the packages that have been made on this page (link below)or is there more on Avsim and flightsim.com .I ask because there is only one British airways package on the page but searching flightsim i found three different one's for UK, the Med and an other.
http://www.world-of-ai.com/packages.html

Thanks

Ignore flightsim for the time being. All packages are hosted at avsim - so you won't run out of time while you're downloading.

Before I forget, make sure you have the most recent installer woains22.zip because the previous one had an insignificant bug.

Now to the discrepancies between different versions of the same packages. No problem. The installer is intelligent enough to detect an older version you might already have installed and will ask you whether you wish to install the newer version and thus overwrite the old one.

Should you find additional packages at either flightsim or avsim which are not listed on the World of AI website, that means that those are not official World of AI packages and because of that the installer won't recognize them. However, you can still install those manually.

Here's the avsim link with all the official currently available packages:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Tom+van+der+Horst%2C+Mike+Theisen&CatID=root

Note: The new installer and all of these packages are compatible with fs9 as well as FSX. The new (current) installer even includes Lee Swordy's TTools so there's no need to download it separately.

The default fs traffic will still be there even after you've installed your own but you can get rid of it -- just can't think at the moment -- when I remember I'll tell you.

meylan Guest

Thanks for geting back to me 😀 i've downloaded and installed all of the packages available Wacko . I am well pleased , the AI look great the frame rates are good and my head is killing me .I've found that if you put the traffic slider to 1% it looks like you get all of the world of AI traffic but only 1% of default traffic .
I have noticed one problem at Heathrow though , i'll post a screen shot tomorrow and maybe you could point me in the right direction .
Got to get some sleep before my head fall off . 😀 Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sweet dreams Sleep

meylan Guest

Hi , dreams ? yes
sweet ? never i'm afraid

Here are them screenshots i promised you.

Maybe it's always been like this , i can't say. Notice the taxi marking on the grass aswell

this one just some textures out of place

Anythoughts will be apprieated. Thanks

meylan Guest

Found some more

I think it's something to do with the parking lines as they seem to close to the terminal .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

When you install 3rd party airports you'll have to find the appropriate AFCADS if they are not included in the download otherwise the AI aircraft won't know where to park.

In depth explanations you will find at the World of AI site. I would also suggest you register with WoAI so you can ask more specific questions at their forums. You'll find they are a very helpful bunch.

meylan Guest

After some searching yesterday i realised i needed a AFCAD to solve this problem and after trying a few off AVSIM i found one where all the aircraft are parked properly. Weird thing is though Tailhook my Heathrow airport is the fs9 default one.Anyhow the problem is solved . Thanks for your help 😀

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

You've arrived at one of my favourite activities related to FS9, AFCAD modification Wink
Have fun, hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...