audio problem

hcomspam12 Guest

please help.

Just installed fs2004 but on the training missions i cant hear the instructor or air traffic control.

Anything you can think im doing wrong??

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Can you hear anything else such as engine noise?

Last edited by Tailhook on Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total
hcomspam12 Guest

Yeah i can hear the engine noise

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Can you see the ATC window?

hcomspam12 Guest

Is that the one that give you all the taxing options??

Yes i can see that and the radio box as well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Try a normal flight - NOT a training mission and see if you can hear ATC's voice.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

You could check the Sound slider settings in Settings at the main FS menu. It has an option for ATC volume 😛

hcomspam12 Guest

just tried it and still all i can hear in aircraft noise. the air traffic info is at the top on the screan in green and i have the option to select runway exits etc but no sound.

hcomspam12 Guest

just checked the sound settings and they are all ticked and on 100

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

hcomspam12 wrote:

just checked the sound settings and they are all ticked and on 100

Maybe that's the problem.

Try moving all sliders to 0 - all the way to the left except the Lessons/flights slider, have that at about 50% - and the Air traffic control slider, have that at 75%.

Additionally where it says Sound quality at the bottom, check the radio button that says High.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insert your #1 DVD in your drive and after it loads hit Repair.Maybe you had a bad installation or corruption. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Also you might try to go through DXIAG. Go through the tests and see if it works through this and set it to normal. I had that issue were I had the sound card set too high.

lick on start. Type in (DXIAG), enter and the DX diagnostics will come up.

I hope this helped.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...