Help uninstalling and reinstalling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cobra707 Guest

Help!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok this is what happened I was noticing that FS 2004 was going slow so I Uninstalled it and then installed it again and when I try to open it Hack it would say please insert FS2004 Disc 4, select OK and restart application and Disc 4 is already in the drive 😕 Please help!!!! Crying or Very sad

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

cobra707 wrote:

Help!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok this is what happened I was noticing that FS 2004 was going slow so I Uninstalled it and then installed it again and when I try to open it Hack it would say please insert FS2004 Disc 4, select OK and restart application and Disc 4 is already in the drive 😕 Please help!!!! Crying or Very sad

Try running fs9 without inserting disc 4. When you're finally prompted to insert the disc 4 - do it then... that sometimes works.

The funny thing is that Microsoft Flight Simulator and Microsoft Operating System seem to be involved in domestic disputes more often than not.

Last edited by Tailhook on Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Use the crack.
9.0 if it's unpatched.
9.1 if it's patched.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

This is my un-installation proccess.I dont know if its the best but it works for me without problems. 😉

1.Un-install FS.
2.Delete Microsoft Games Directory from C/Program Files.
3.Delete Flight Simulator Files folder from your My Documents.
4.Unistall all the add-ons you have and also delete their folders from C/Program Files.
5.Clean up your registries with any tool you have or (even better for me)do it manual.Thats how :
Click Start/Run ...in the blank type Regedit.In the opening window hit Edit/Find and in the blank write the word Flight.Delete anything it finds and hit Find Next till you get a message that no more matches could be found.
6.Run a Disk Clean up
7.Defrag your hard drive.
8.Restart and install FS.
9.Install FS9.1 update Patch
10.Install No CD-crack.
11.Continue with the add-ons installation one by one and every time start FS and check if your add-on has been installed OK.
12.Good luck...

Suggestion:
After you install it create a folder called Original FS files,or whatever you like, and copy there all the FS9 folder...It takes some time to be copied but you will have all your clean folder stored somewhere just in case you want to replace something in the future or Just in case you want to compare them after add-ons installations.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...