Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

No Aircraft showing FS 2004

Pro Member Trainee
ThePatriot76 Trainee

Question
I can't figure out why I can only see an aircraft in the "Create flight" window when the display is set to 800X600 32bit?
Even at 960X... it goes away? I have a screen shot but don't see how to up load it.

I have a P4 2.5 533fsb 1G PC2700 Nvidia 6200 LE 256mb card

I reloaded my system (Like I have done in the past) and for some reason when I load FS 2004 this keeps happening. The game works fine when I click on "Fly Now" but I still can't see the aircraft at this screen.
Thanks for any and all help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Clean out the old drivers and install new ones.
That may be it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ThePatriot76 Trainee

It was a clean install, no driver was installed before I loaded up.

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

uninstall fs204 then re-install it. Same as your graphcs card drivers

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ThePatriot76 wrote:

It was a clean install, no driver was installed before I loaded up.

I don't understand, you have to have drivers for your video card.
Are you just using generic drivers that are on with Windows.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ThePatriot76 Trainee

There are drivers loaded for my card, what I should have said was there was no other video driver loaded when I loaded my video driver this last time. Sorry

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ThePatriot76 wrote:

There are drivers loaded for my card, what I should have said was there was no other video driver loaded when I loaded my video driver this last time. Sorry

Try what I said, clean them out and load new ones.
Some of them (drivers) have had this problem before.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ThePatriot76 Trainee

Because of a Norton problem, I have done a clean install of Windows XP. I loaded the video driver that came with my EVGA Nvidia 6200 A LE 256mb card. What I realize now is that driver (That came with the card) is not certified, could that be the problem? I haven't been able to fine a driver (Even on Nvidia's site) that is certified for my card. I still don't see aircraft in the "Create a Flight" window and again, if I click "Fly Now" it works fine. Is Flight Simulator picky about Antialiasing & Anisotropic settings, I can go as high as 4 & 16 respectfully. Thanks again for the tips, I know we will figure this out eventually.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ThePatriot76 wrote:

Because of a Norton problem, I have done a clean install of Windows XP. I loaded the video driver that came with my EVGA Nvidia 6200 A LE 256mb card. What I realize now is that driver (That came with the card) is not certified, could that be the problem? I haven't been able to fine a driver (Even on Nvidia's site) that is certified for my card. I still don't see aircraft in the "Create a Flight" window and again, if I click "Fly Now" it works fine. Is Flight Simulator picky about Antialiasing & Anisotropic settings, I can go as high as 4 & 16 respectfully. Thanks again for the tips, I know we will figure this out eventually.

Look at the list below, you should see your card listed.
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp_2k_91.47_uk.html

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ThePatriot76 Trainee

Thanks for the site. I just (About an hour ago) found the 91.93WQ driver and had the same problem. I then set (In my video card settings) my A&A to application control and was able to see my aircraft again, it must be something with that? I will keep tinkering with it and see how high of detail I can reach and still have the planes showing that window. I'll post if there is anything I find that may help others. Thanks again for all the help and I'll get the newer driver from that site and see how that goes. Off to work now, thanks again

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ThePatriot76 wrote:

Thanks for the site. I just (About an hour ago) found the 91.93WQ driver and had the same problem. I then set (In my video card settings) my A&A to application control and was able to see my aircraft again, it must be something with that? I will keep tinkering with it and see how high of detail I can reach and still have the planes showing that window. I'll post if there is anything I find that may help others. Thanks again for all the help and I'll get the newer driver from that site and see how that goes. Off to work now, thanks again

Glad you have it working, you certainly worked at it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ThePatriot76 Trainee

Well if I have my A&A on anything but "Application Control" I can't see the aircraft. I might just live with though, I just took a 737 from KNTU to KORF at 1600X1024 32bit with my A&A set to 4x and 16x and wow, How awesome does that look!!! I'll keep messing with it but It won't kill me. LOL I guess I'll have to buy a new computer soon and get MS Flight Sim. X
Well, I think I'll fly a bit and mess with it later.

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions