FS 2004 NO SOUND Tried everything HELP !

Pro Member Trainee
notillin Trainee

NO Sound in FS2004 at all in ANY feature. FS on/off sound toggle has NO effect

In order to avoid all "standard" remedy suggestions I have done the following:
Confirmed all system / sound card / volumes / playback devices / are ON and functioning properly.
(Computer sound works in ALL other computer functions except FS )

This seemed to occur immediately after downloading and installing an add-on file for F-16 sound enhancement. HOWEVER, suspecting the problem was related to that, I did the following: Removed ALL add-on files COMPLETELY from my computer. Then, performed a successful UN-install of FS, then did a "Clean" re-install from disks. STILL, NO sound in FS.

Any suggestions other than the "standard " would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Please only post one message in the best forum for your topic. I've deleted 4 duplicate messages.

Try looking here, it may help:
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/623/no-sound/

It's surprising to think that an aircraft sound enhancement add-on can disable the sound for the whole sim. I don't think it's that.

If you've completely uninstalled/re-installed FS2004 then that should eliminate problems with certain files being overwritten.

What sound card/system/setup do you have?

Pro Member Site Admin

Also, check the "related topics" at the foot of this post - they may be relevant.

Pro Member Site Admin

You posted again the same message in another 4 forums here. Please stop posting the same message.

Forget it Guest

I'm sure I have the answer but people who just post everywhere drive me mad. Find the answer yourself, you annoy me too much!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...