JOYSTICK FOR TAILDRAGGERS

KR1511 Guest

HI ALL.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A JOYSTICK THAT WOULD BE MORE SIMILAR TO THE REGULAR STICKS FOUND IN CHAMPS AND CITABRIA (TAILDRAGGERS) ?

KR

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

WHAT I CAN'T HEAR YOU? YELL LOUDER!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

There are some people who do not know that using all upper case is considered shouting. So he may be a bit puzzled by your reply even though I enjoyed it. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

...even though I enjoyed it. 😉

as did I 😂

As far as the question goes; I am not aware of any joysticks that have been modelled after real yokes; if that is what you mean.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

KR1511 wrote:

HI ALL.
ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A JOYSTICK THAT WOULD BE MORE SIMILAR TO THE REGULAR STICKS FOUND IN CHAMPS AND CITABRIA (TAILDRAGGERS) ?
KR

No, I've never seen a joystick that was made in the form of a general aviation aircrafts stick, only the normal joysticks that you see in the store. The stick in a Champ or Citabria is pretty plane, having only a push-talk switch. Almost any joystick will do. If your trying to replicate the size and feel of the real stick, that's very hard because to get the correct movement, you would have to have it mounted on the floor and the stick would be 2 ft. long. 🙂
Citabria stick

➡ Don't type in all caps, it's considered yelling.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

if you have spare cash and fancy mutilating something expensive...

that or you could do a similar mod much more easily to a regular joystick - it wouldn't be the same but it may work better.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...