DUal sound card in multi problems...

guest Guest

Hi All, I did a search first to no avail.

I have 2 sound cards in my PC and I'm trying to do with voice only in the headset mic with all other sounds coming out of the main speakers in multiplayer.

I have it set up correctly (sounds in control panel), ie: in free flight and all missions the voice comes through the headset and all other sounds through the speakers. In multiplayer voice comes through the headset for about a minute then completely dies and I can't hear anyone but myself and nobody can hear me. It works fine in multi if I have all voice/sound going through one card, but if I split them up voice dies in multi.

Anyone have the same issue or know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Two sound cards 😳
I have never seen a duel sound card set up.
I understand what you are trying to do,but I think you need the program(fs)to support such a thing
I may be wrong Dont Know

guest Guest

FSX not only supports it, but tells you how to do it in the help (you need two sound cards)

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

The way I understand the dual sound card issue is to use a PCI internal sound card and an external USB sound card.

But if using two internal PCI cards works in FSX then I can't quite understand how come it doesn't in multiplayer? All I can imagine is some kind of conflict?

In my case,. I'm using a dell 8400 that has sound built into the motherboard that I never used before, and a soundblaster card. I just went in the bios, enabled the on board sound and downloaded the drivers.

It works great in everything in FSX except multiplayer. Very weird...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...