HA, and they thought Doom 3 was a frame monkey!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Well, the Polls are in. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, is, in fact, more of a frame hog than the long awaited Doom 3. Here's why!

Person: ME
Video card: X800XT PE
Game:FS04/Doom3

Lowest frame hit for FS04: 8

Lowest Frame hit for Doom 3: 28

Now you see, we HAVE Bragging rights!!!! Don't ask how i got those with the card I have, I've been trying to work that out myself!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😳 You have to have your setting up to the max on the FPS eating settings and your flying over a graphic heavy area, a major city with scenery and clouds maxed out?
Good guess. Dont Know

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

There's that, but it seems odd that a game like Doom 3, with it's graphic detail so high, would eat less frames that FS04, It was Chicago that i hit the drop in frames tho

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Flying low over Sydney hit me hard last night, it's very graphic intensive and I'm nowhere being maxed out.
The aircraft was also a high LOD.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...