A6TD Trainer - won't Fly!!!

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Someone else may have been attracted to this trainer by the excellent textures - but I cannot get it off the ground!! Tried by keyboard and joystick - hammered '7' until my finger was sore. Hack
Can't see anything wrong in the aircraft.cfg file that might cause this.
Tried to contact originator but 'no answer was the loud reply' 🙄
The a/c is listed for FS2004 - any ideas ❓

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

davec,
Let me know where to get it I'd like to try.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Dont Know Don't know what to tell you. I just loaded it, and the UNzipped gauge went into the gauge folder (GPS-it won't work?).
The rest into the aircraft folder, I found a chrome one also, very cool looking.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/2306/at6d-trainer/#11041

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Sorry about the anagram radarman Embarassed - it is of course the AT6d trainer and downloaded from fightsim.com - search - AT6d ; Cat - FS2004 War Planes - 3rd one down.
Downloaded it again just in case there was a glitch - this time managed to get it up (eventually, about 3 miles from the runway) with the keyboard - no reaction to joystick - goes up and down like a fiddlers elbow - and finally crashed my system - managed to get one s/shot (with great difficulty). And no - the GPS doesn't work. Evil or Very Mad
Have decided to scrub it from my FS9 and learn from the experience and have taken note of builder for future reference - a great pity as the liveries are excellent - thanks anyway

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

davec wrote:

Someone else may have been attracted to this trainer by the excellent textures - but I cannot get it off the ground!! Tried by keyboard and joystick - hammered '7' until my finger was sore. Hack
Can't see anything wrong in the aircraft.cfg file that might cause this.
Tried to contact originator but 'no answer was the loud reply' 🙄
The a/c is listed for FS2004 - any ideas ❓

I haven't tried that particular AT-6 download but I did download one that while it would take off if was almost
uncontrollable. Sorry I can't tell you what one it was. I dumped it out of my aircraft files.

I have had similar experiences with other aircraft and have hunted for and found other downloads of the same plane that
worked fine. My suggestion would be to try that. There are several downloads of the AT-6 that I have run across.

It is always nice to get a download that looks great, but flyability is my major criteria.

Computer power might work into this problem too. Some of the files are large and require a lot of resources. They might
work on one computer and not another one.

Pro Member Captain

Thanks Warhawk42 - as I say I have already scrubbed it from my FS9 folder. Found another one luftmkiv.zip and repaints for RAF and RCAF all listed as Norh American Harvards and with nice textures.Original model by Denis e Daniel Da Silva-denissilvaoliveira - Brasil Textures by Alex Krause from flightsim.com.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...