emergency

L.A.X Guest

i have a random question. If i have a system failurre like run out of fuel or no eletric system and i am flying IFR. What do i do for an emergency landing>?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
lydhndrxca Trainee

http://www.aopa.org/pilot/features/inflight9903.html

Not a good situation to be in! 😳 🙂

Don Wood Guest

There are general rules about what to do in an IFR emergency. The first is that the pilot has the absolute authority to do whatever is necessary to insure the safety of his passengers and aircraft.

If communication ability still exists, the pilot is required to contact ATC and follow their instructions unless doing so would unnecessarily endanger his/her aircraft. If no communications capability exists, the pilot is to continue the flight as provided in his IFR clearance or according to the last instructions recieved from ATC before the comunications failure occurs.

If, at any time, the flight enters VFR conditions, the pilot is expected to maintain VFR if possible and land as soon as safely possible.

Having said all that, if maintaining flight is not possible because of the emergency, the pilot should, to the extent possible, set up for maximum glide and hope that he breaks out of weather with sufficient altitude to select a spot and execute an emergency landing.

If all else fails, the pilot should place his head between his legs and kiss his butt goodbye.

L.A.X Guest

In fs2002 when i am below the flight plan designed altiude it terminates my Ifr flight plan and tells me to maintain VFR. The ATC provides no help at all to help me land the plane. How do i declare an emergency in fs2002?

Pro Member Trainee
lydhndrxca Trainee

I never flew in FS 2002 - (Sierra Pro Pilot All the way!)

But seeing as how you can't declare an emergency in 04 or 10, I don't think you could declare one in 02. Though I may be wrong?

Pro Member Trainee
mcmxl Trainee

lydhndrxca wrote:

I never flew in FS 2002 - (Sierra Pro Pilot All the way!)

But seeing as how you can't declare an emergency in 04 or 10, I don't think you could declare one in 02. Though I may be wrong?

I like your avatar lydhndrxca... 😀

Pro Member Trainee
HockeyDude2424 Trainee

all i would do is find the nearest airport with a long enough runway to land the plane safely

Bartfs Guest

Open your GPS and click on the "Go to" button

Then you can choose airports by identifying their 4 code name
If you click once again you see the 10 airports wich are the most close to your aircraft 😉

Choose the airport of your choice and head to the airport 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...