PMDG Nav Radio

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

All those PMDG 747-400 owners,

I am trying to set the ILS frequency in the comm nav1 radio.But i am not able to set it.I wanted to set the frequency to value lower than 110.10.But when i try to reduce the frequency after coming down to 118 it jumps back to 136.xx.I am not able to set any frequency lower than 118 and greater than 136...Is there any way around or am i doing something wrong or is it a bug??

THanks in advance...

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Sounds like you're trying to use the communication radio, it has a range of 118-136 MHz. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

you might be right.But I do not see any other place to put in the frequency for PMDG 747-400.There is a COMM panel where it has two radios ..one at the left and one at the right...But I tried to put in both..Same results...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I don't have the PMDG 747 but you probably have to set the Nav with the FMS or if you have one, RMU(Radio management unit).

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

On the CDU, press the NAV RAD button, I believe that is where you enter the Navigation Frequencies

Pro Member First Officer

Yeah I did it.Thank You CRJ...I also searched the FMC guide for 747 and you need to put in the frequency in the FMC....As a test I put in the ILS freq of the runway from which i was going to take off.As soon as i took off the runway the ILS markers appeared in the PFD and ND....

Pro Member First Officer

747 works very differently from the 737..It was simple in 737 NG.
747 also talks of manual tuning of the ILS freq ..Need to check how to do it...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Glad you've got it working, the thanks goes to TimH also. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Yeah..Thanks Tim..Am still awaiting your videos..I think you havent released any new videos....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...