schools

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

hi, I am wondering what american schools are like? My school in Britain is rubbish. it is from the 60's and is falling apart. paint peeling off the walls, carpet coming up and generally falling apart. We have 2 min-buses but one is broken so that leaves one. It can hardly go up hills! Are american schools nicer? I see in films they look clean and new- unlike British schools, lol

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
HelpsJ Trainee

should have come to wilsons 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

lenin wrote:

hi, I am wondering what american schools are like? My school in Britain is rubbish. it is from the 60's and is falling apart. paint peeling off the walls, carpet coming up and generally falling apart. We have 2 min-buses but one is broken so that leaves one. It can hardly go up hills! Are american schools nicer? I see in films they look clean and new- unlike British schools, lol

Yes My old secondary school is making everybody pay for their textbooks, although, they don't get to keep them Umm...

Pro Member Trainee
HelpsJ Trainee

actually wilsons is really cheap... although it's not a private school they ask a anual sum of money from parents around £500 'to pay for school books and things like that' however it is more likely that our Censored of a head is spending it all on himself. I got a book last year that was from 1991. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

My secondary school in Ireland is quite nice!! Teachers are great, everybody gets on with them, and its a school where everyone works with them and has a bit of fun, and not against them

Our school used to be a bit rubbishy, but lately it got a huge makeover and everything is fabulous now!!

Our old lockers used to be awful, now we have fantastic lockers!! Spacious, clean, perfect condition and in a nice colour of blue as well!! All the walls got a paintjob, and new carpets were layed down to the rooms that needed them

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

i used to live close enough for wilsons but my mum didn't think i was clever enough 😞 so we moved house because the other school was crap. nly later did we realise i actually was clever enough from exams 😛

7dream8liner7 Guest

Over here in America I go to a Catholic high school. The building was just added onto last year so that is nice and new, but we have the older part of the building which is pretty good considering it was made in the 60's. The lockers are smaller than in the new building, but have plenty of space. We have brand new windows and we just got new dry erase boards to replace our old blackboards. So, I guess my school building is pretty nice. Even my town's public school is brand new and colossal.

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

My secondary school over here in Canada doesn't even have windows 😳. The reason being that when the school was built (1970ish) the thought was that putting windows in classrooms would distract the students. We also have a thing called a "portable" im not sure if you have this in the UK but its basically a shack that you can move around with a truck because we don't have enough classrooms for the students.

7dream8liner7 Guest

My secondary school over here in Canada doesn't even have windows . The reason being that when the school was built (1970ish) the thought was that putting windows in classrooms would distract the students. We also have a thing called a "portable" im not sure if you have this in the UK but its basically a shack that you can move around with a truck because we don't have enough classrooms for the students.

Sounds like you need to transfer to a different school.

Pro Member Trainee
punko Trainee

mmm my schools at Mexico are really nice 😀 , in my high school we have our own laptops and with the id card u can enter everywhere ^^, and the instalations are nice, 4 buildings, lots of gardens, gym, i love my high school 😂

rite now im in canada and the schools are nice too, a little more old but they are ok

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

My old secondary school wasn't actually too bad considering it was also made in the 60's.

The caretakers looked after it well and in the year I left a brand new block was being built.

Apparently now, it is starting to go downhill. It just recieved a really bad offsted report. The old headmaster left and the new one is well.... a complete [FILL BLANK] 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Though it has been a while since I have been in school, what I remember and what I see currently in the news is this. Whether new or old, the schools are much too large and have too high a student population. What this leads to is students who do not fit the norm are harrassed by others and, if it goes on long enough, can lead to things like the Columbine massacre.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Mine is Reigate Grammar School - in 2002 I think it was 6th best in England joint top in my county 🙂

7dream8liner7 Guest

My school was in the top 50 Catholic High Schools in the nation(America).

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

7dream8liner7 wrote:

My secondary school over here in Canada doesn't even have windows . The reason being that when the school was built (1970ish) the thought was that putting windows in classrooms would distract the students. We also have a thing called a "portable" im not sure if you have this in the UK but its basically a shack that you can move around with a truck because we don't have enough classrooms for the students.

It's not that bad lol We have an AMAZING music program we have won countless awards for our bands, choirs, groups etc. Most of the teachers are really nice and do a good job. I also have a lot of friends there so it evens it out. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Though it has been a while since I have been in school, what I remember and what I see currently in the news is this. Whether new or old, the schools are much too large and have too high a student population. What this leads to is students who do not fit the norm are harrassed by others and, if it goes on long enough, can lead to things like the Columbine massacre.

Now where did those kids get the guns from...? Umm...

7dream8liner7 Guest

spitfiresrule wrote:

7dream8liner7 wrote:

It's not that bad lol We have an AMAZING music program we have won countless awards for our bands, choirs, groups etc. Most of the teachers are really nice and do a good job. I also have a lot of friends there so it evens it out. 🙂

Yea, it's really about the people in the school that make it great. We have alot of good teachers, but we have our share of bad. Most of the other students are either kind, or stay out your way if they don't like you.

Congratulations to my school's gymnastics team on their 4th consecutive state title! Group Wave

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...