Flight schools

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

Hi,
I'm 15, I live in the US (Georgia), and I really want to start flying. First I wanted to know if i could start flying at my age. Also, I've been doing some research for flight schools, but I really want to hear about people who have actually taken lessons. This is because all those websites are full of offers etc... which I don't know I can trust. I just want to know what I can exspect with the pricing, and the time all those lessons take
Thank you!!!!!!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

If there is a flying school of particular interest to you,I recommend going for an introductry flight but don't get a fright when get a feeling of motion sickness because it's quit common.

Well I am 15 also and have taken an introductory flight. You cant your Student Pilots license until 16, and you cant get your PPL until 17. Take an indtroductory flight right now though and just see if you like it. Becoming a pilot is a big commitment and you have to know that you want to do it. Look around for schools, and ASK other pilots who is a good instructor in your area.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Blake14 wrote:

Hi,
I'm 15, I live in the US (Georgia), and I really want to start flying. First I wanted to know if i could start flying at my age. Also, I've been doing some research for flight schools, but I really want to hear about people who have actually taken lessons. This is because all those websites are full of offers etc... which I don't know I can trust. I just want to know what I can exspect with the pricing, and the time all those lessons take
Thank you!!!!!!

You can start flying at your age. I'm 12 and I started taking flight lessons when I was 10. If I were you I would go down to the airport and take a look at some of the flight school, because not all of them have web sites. You could also look in the phone book under Airport, Aviation, & Flight, that's how I found my flight school. As far as price goes, it really depends on where you are located. It can probly range from 80 to 150 dollars an hour. My flight school charges $100 an hour. You need a minum of 40 hours of flight time to get your PPL (Private Pilots Lissence).
I recomend going to http://www.beapilot.com/indexfl.html to get a first flight lesson for only $49. You can also find a flight school near you with beapilot.com.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

The ones with websites normally look better on your CV [e.g. A Cambridge certificate would look better on your CV than your local University].

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

Ok, thanks for all the information guys. I really can't wait to be in the sky!!!
I think I'm going to go look at the airport sometime this month.
Thanks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...