Can FS2004 planes be used in FSX?

Pro Member Trainee
djay08 Trainee

I am fairly new to flight simulator and have just purchased the FSX simulator. I am a pilot and will be transitioning from a Cessna 172 to a Piper Arrow or Warrior. I would like to know if you can install old FS2004 planes into the new FSX program. If so, how do I do this? I remember when adding planes to FS2004 there was a FS9 folder that I could open and then extract files to, however I don't see anything like that in the new FSX program. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The same way as before.
The aircraft folder is now hidden in the "simobjects" folder.
Many, if not most of the 2004 gauges won't load or perform well in FSX.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
djay08 Trainee

Thanks Radar Man. I had my checkout ride in a Piper Warrior II today. I think I am going to like flying that better than the Cessna 172. Have a good Turkey day.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

djay08 wrote:

Thanks Radar Man. I had my checkout ride in a Piper Warrior II today. I think I am going to like flying that better than the Cessna 172. Have a good Turkey day.

Thank you, the same to you!
Good luck with the new aircraft.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...