FSX Wont start

alastairg100 Guest

I have been playing FSX for about 2-3 weeks fine, ok it jolts abit, slow loading up but i can get over that. However i came to it today, and it just loaded up the load window, and stayed there. When I did a Ctrl + Alt + Delete, it said that FSX wasnt responding, i have restarted my pc, reinstalled FSX and it still does the same thing. Any suggestions?

Alastairg100

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

System specifications please. 🙂

Operating System
Processor type and speed
RAM amount
Graphics card (interface, memory, manufactures model name & number)
What CD/DVD burner software do you have installed?
Do you have Internet Explorer 7 installed?

Basic troubleshooting
1. Run scandisk and defrag
2. Run virus and spyware scan
3. Run widows update
4. Check for latest graphics card drivers, Direct X should be version 9.0c

alastairg100 Guest

Sorry i run a;
Windows XP Home SP2
AMD Athlon 3000+ 2.2GHz
1280MB RAM
128MB Nvidia GeForce 5200
I use Nero but only have a CD RW
I use the new Internet Explorer which i believe is IE7

and I already use Direct X 9.0C

Any ideas?
Alastair

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

There seems to be a problem with FSX and Nero, you may have to remove Nero. There used to be a problem with FS9 and IE7 but I don't know if it effects FSX, still looking. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

alastairg100 wrote:

... but only have a CD RW

What do you mean by that?

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i sometimes have a problem that FSX crashes the first time i load it, much in the same way yours does. I simply CTRL ALT DEL and end the program and then fire it up again and hey presto it works!

Try it, might be a similar glitch.

Micah 😉

alastairg100 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

alastairg100 wrote:

What i mean by this is that i only have a CD RW as I know Nero also works for DVDs, I have tried CTRL ALT DEL, yes that closed the program, but when I opened up FSX again it still crashed.

I've just removed Nero and I'm still having the same problem, I get the load screen, although this time I have got when it is loading the new scenery but this finishes then it crashes.

Alastairg100

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

alastairg100 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

alastairg100 wrote:

What i mean by this is that i only have a CD RW as I know Nero also works for DVDs, I have tried CTRL ALT DEL, yes that closed the program, but when I opened up FSX again it still crashed.

I've just removed Nero and I'm still having the same problem, I get the load screen, although this time I have got when it is loading the new scenery but this finishes then it crashes.

Alastairg100

Yes you've already said exactly the same thing, that's why I asked.

Are you saying that your only optical drive is a CD-Burner? If so, I would expect that you have problems as you need a DVD-Drive to install FSX.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Since you've been running FSX for 2-3 weeks, you obviously have a DVD-ROM drive. Some thing is interfering with the FSX operation but can't determine what. Think of any recent changes you've made to your computer. If you've done all of the items that I've suggested, the only thing that I can think of is to restore your computer to an earlier date that FSX was working. If that fails, you may have to...reconfigure your hard drive and start over. No one wants to do that, it's last resort.

If you get to the point of reconfiguring your HD, try the file in the post below. I don't know what it is or how it works but you would have nothing to loose. Use at your own risk.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/23456/fs-x-crashing/#148669

guest[burbero] Guest

Same problem.
You should create another windows account, and run fsx from there.
Obviously you (and me) have some problem in system registry... but i didn't find it, so i was forced to create a new account.
(sorry, my english is bad😞 )

guest[burbero] Guest

okay, i've just find a easier solution:
delete or rename your logbook.bin file (Documents\Flight Simulator Files). This seems to work here. Wink

Running Guest

There used to be problems with some custom aircrafts and FS2004.

Try starting FSX in a "normal" way. (meaning not executing a flightplan or whatever direct ways people have to go from their desktop straight into a cockpit)

Select a simple plane that came with FSX. and load that. See if that works.
If it does make a difference then try to switch to a custom plane next.

Scream Guest

I just had the same problem. It worked perfect and now it just hangs at the window that says Microsoft Flight Simulator X. It stopped working within 10 minutes of when I had just flown. I simply shut the game down to see if I could learn anything on these forums. Then I was going to enter back into the game to learn VOR and it would not start up. I restarted my computer and it still isn't working. I made absolutely no changes to my system. Can anyone help? I tried deleting my LOGBOOK file but that didn't work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Scream Guest

Nevermind. I found out that I deleted the log from FS9. Once I deleted the log from FS10 it worked. Thanks!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...