Looking for Light Sport Aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
fremac Trainee

Am interested in getting sport pilot certification and was wondering if any Light Sport Aircraft are available for FS2004 or, preferably, FSX.

Thank you.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

http://airhead.hfdd.com/airworthy/04_8kcab_downloads.php

I don't know what you consider a "light sport aircraft".

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

fremac wrote:

Am interested in getting sport pilot certification and was wondering if any Light Sport Aircraft are available for FS2004 or, preferably, FSX.

Thank you.

I don't know of any for FSX or FS9, but I do know that the J3 Cub in FSX and FS9 are in the Light Sport Category.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

The FAA established this new certificate for people to get instead of going for their Private Pilot's Lissence. It takes less time and money to get, and you don't need a medical certificate to use it. Here is how the FAA defines it:
"simple, low-performance aircraft that are limited to 1,320 pounds maximum takeoff weight (1,430 pounds for seaplanes), two occupants, a single non-turbine powered engine, stall speed of 45 knots (52 mph), maximum airspeed of 120 knots (138 mph), fixed pitch propeller and fixed landing gear ('repostionable gear' for amphibious aircraft is allowed)."

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

SamIntel wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

The FAA established this new certificate for people to get instead of going for their Private Pilot's Lissence. It takes less time and money to get, and you don't need a medical certificate to use it. Here is how the FAA defines it:
"simple, low-performance aircraft that are limited to 1,320 pounds maximum takeoff weight (1,430 pounds for seaplanes), two occupants, a single non-turbine powered engine, stall speed of 45 knots (52 mph), maximum airspeed of 120 knots (138 mph), fixed pitch propeller and fixed landing gear ('repostionable gear' for amphibious aircraft is allowed)."

I didn't know that, thanks!

Radar

jwall9y Guest

liclassics did an updated basically aeronca champ late 2005 which is light sport eligible. freeware. nicely done. does ground loops. has alot of detail. two models available. The later 7bcm has slightly more power, still light sport.
File is LICCHA04.ZIP available at different sites including flightsim.
If you get them, watch about loading of pilot/copilot. makes a difference for flying.

The later American Champion Decathalon, Scout etc. (see RealAir offerings) are based on aeronca champ. They fly nicely in fs2004 but are not light sport eligible. Heavier, more powerful.

There are some other fs2004 models of newer lsa but the aeronca is tried and true, alot written and on web about it. and a really nice free model.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Come guys, get out the scissors and cut some slack. The Cessna 152 Aerobat is the ideal airplane (real or simulated) to begin aerobatics/sport with. Try spins for a challenge. When you can pull out on a preselected heading with ease, you may be ready for a barrel roll, slow roll and inverted fly.
However, if you are refering to light sport in reference to the new sport pilots rating, most of the two place airplanes qualify

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...