FS2004/FS9

Pro Member Trainee
Rick Sibley (kwkrnu) Trainee

Hello All,
I am new to the FS series. I have several driving sims. A friend gave me his FS2004 because he bought FSX. I see on this forum that people are talking about FS09; is that an upgrade down load or it is a completely new game? Is it still avaiable? Compared to some of my other games the scenery seems a little lacking.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

FS9 is another name for 2004 (ACOF) also.

What do you mean "lacking". It looks bare, bad, you need a better video card or new drivers.
If you want more detail move the scenery slide to the far right or free and pay downloads add to the sim.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

kwkrnu wrote:

Hello All,
I am new to the FS series. I have several driving sims. A friend gave me his FS2004 because he bought FSX. I see on this forum that people are talking about FS09; is that an upgrade down load or it is a completely new game? Is it still available? Compared to some of my other games the scenery seems a little lacking.

Flight Simulator 2004 is also called FS9, same program. It's a the best flight simulation program on the market. FSX will be soon but many people are having problems with it due to it's higher hardware demands and software glitches. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Stick with it Kwkrnu, discover the enjoyment of finding the scenery and aircraft that fit the needs of your flightsim, because like a fingerprint every one is different and personal to its owner.You will nurture it and develop it and pretty soon it will take over your life and you too will become one of us!(Unleash the monster).
Should'nt really be allowed near a pc after a night out! Should i?

Pro Member Trainee
Rick Sibley (kwkrnu) Trainee

Thanks for the help. A friend of mine came down from Scottsdale (AZ) yesterday. He is an FS junkie; we were in here until one in the morning adding planes, textures, scenery and other downloads. I am so screwed!!! I think I'll stay home from work Monday.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...