How to do crosswind landings?

Guest Guest

Well now i have finally mastered landing in clean weather, however now i would like to learn how to do so in crosswind landings? do i have to trim the ailerons, rudder? or just change direction? thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

Well now i have finally mastered landing in clean weather, however now i would like to learn how to do so in crosswind landings? do i have to trim the ailerons, rudder? or just change direction? thanks

No, you don't use rudder or aileron trim to land with a crosswind. The procedure is covered in the Learning Center within Flight Simulator. 🙂

http://www.4p8.com/eric.brasseur/flight_simulator_tutorial.html#landingwind

Guest Ed Guest

Very carefully. 😂

You might want to read the "Exciting Flight Simulator Flights" thread to learn how NOT to land a small plane in a crosswind! 😉

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

it's pretty fun. I'll usually just have the plane localise until I hit the threshold

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Guest wrote:

I always do wing-low approach when theres cross wind. Just bank into the wind, then apply opposite rudder, so the plane just goes crabbing rather than turning. But whats hard is the wind doesnt blow at you with a constant speed, you have to constantly adjust to the wind gusts. sometimes if you are not compensating correctly you are simply blown off or overshoot the course.....
practise practise practise

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...