My new 7600GT

I have a new 7600gt installed in my system. I have put AF to 8x and AA to 4x and all detail on ultra high and get ground frame rates of 40-50 in the PMDG and air FPS of near around 70-80. I was slightly worried with the coolling of the card though as at idle its at 60c and peak load i have seen it go to about 80c. Is this ok?

Anyway my system specs are:
AMD athlon 3200+
7600GT
1gb RAM

Get this card its fab!!!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

This card is usually capable of coping with temperatures of 75' C when gaming. I have seen temperatures of 80' C quite alot. Extra cooling would not be too bad an idea. Try and fit an extra 1GB of RAM it would help the performance of your computer. Not essential but you would probably find it makes scenery smoother in loading.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

80 degrees is fine for the card to run-but just because it CAN run at that temp, doesnt mean it should. E.g you dont drive a car going at 8000rpm just because the guages say it can go that much. Remember, any cooling is good cooling, and will help improve the components life 😉

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

i would reccomend this

I currently have this on my 7600GS, and it changed the idle temp from 50-60 to about 35, and the load temp from 70 to 40 degrees. Very effective, and its fan is quieter than the stock on on the geforce 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...