Low fps

Hey, I was wondering if you know what sort of fps I should be getting?

I have:
7800GT 512 450Mhz
2GIG of ram
250GIG Hard Drive
AMD 4400 64 *2
Abit ANV-8 mobo

Any tips on what settings are a killer to fps? I get between 30-40. I think I should get way more.

Thanks

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest

Now thats strange..... I have a slower system than you and get more FPS on the ground.

I have AMD 3200+
1gig RAM
7600GT

I use the PMDG all the time with AA 8x and AF 4x with ultra high settings and get 60-80FPS in the sky and with clouds still over 30.

All my settings are maxed out.. but I dont know why Im getting a low fps

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

You dont really need more than 26fps, thats all the human eye can see.

How do you view your current FPS in the first place?

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

In the game, press ALT + F4

LOL!!

Just Kiddin' ya

In the game, press SHIFT + Z and SHIFT + Z again to show fps and another go of pressing SHIFT + Z will clear the red facts and figures you see at the top of your screen.

I agree, you should be getting more then 430-40fps in the sky. What add-ons do youhave? LOCK!!! the fps @ 25, that way it should be better.

Fill me in on how it goes!

Guest Ed Guest

Anonymous wrote:

Hey, I was wondering if you know what sort of fps I should be getting?

I have:
7800GT 512 450Mhz
2GIG of ram
250GIG Hard Drive
AMD 4400 64 *2
Abit ANV-8 mobo

Any tips on what settings are a killer to fps? I get between 30-40. I think I should get way more.

Thanks

Oh man, I don't know how you can live with only 30-40 FPS. Tell you what, I'll help you out. Just box up that slow computer and ship it to me, and I'll dispose of it for you in an ecologically sound manner.

Just kidding. 😉

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

30 fps? oh man, i'm beyond that. i've gotten up to 80 with everything knocked out (as in not there). With max scenery, i'm prolly at around 45-ish

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Annonymous,

I dont know if this will help or not, but I was running a 4400+ with 2 gig XMS DDR and a 7600GS 512 MB card and flying FS2004 at all the highest settings. The game ran lawflessly at all times. I have no idea what FPS I was achieving but I guess when the game ran perfectly, they must have been enough.

With your system (very similar to my old one) you should also be able to run the sim at the HIGHEST settings flawlessly too. And as Doyley said, you dont need an FPS above 24 really, that by the way is the standard FPS for all Movie Theatre settings, anythign more than that will be undectable anyway.

Be careful when using AA and AF - they will both effect and reduce your FPS and in some cases, will reduce them a lot. If the game runs without a hitch I wouldnt be too concerned about FPS rates as you obviously are getting enough.

Cheers

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...