Judder or lockup?

DLAM Guest

Hi guys,

My stepdad got this game for Christmas, and it was working fine on his PC - except it was really juddery. He bought himself a new 1gb memory stick to hopefully smooth it out, but now whenever he starts the game up it locks up on the first screen and requires a reboot.

If he takes out the new stick it works fine.

He has no problems with any other application or game using the new memory, only this one. So it looks like the memory is OK.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be? I'm going round this afternoon to help fix it, so any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

hey,

ok, so the ram does free up the computer a little bit and will boost your framerates, but the one thing that you're gonna need to pay attention to is the video card. You're probably going to need another one in order for the game to run smootly. I learned that the first time when I saw my framerates in the single digits. I bought a new video card and they were well into the 30's. I would recommend the ATI cards, but there's nothing wrong with the Nvidia cards either. If there's anything else, just let me know.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...