Star Constellations

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

Hey everyone.. a while back when I was initially setting up my FSX, I remember checking off an option called "show star constellations" because I was curious to see what it did. Now for the last month or so I have been annoyed with looking up in the sky while night flying and seeing all the constellations connected with green lines like it's a children's connect-the-dots book. lol

It's very annoying.. but the thing is.. I cannot find that "show star constellations" check box anywhere. I know I'm not crazy.. I specifically remember checking off that box a month or so ago.. and now I can't find it for the life of me, lol

If someone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks 😎

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
anonymouse91 Guest

I've searched everywhere but can't find it. There are mentions of star constellations in the FSX descriptions on the net but no mention of turning them off. I've looked on the net, all settings (including main menu and in-flight) and in the learning center.

Sorry 😞

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

If you go to D:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X and open starts.dat you should see a line saying

; display constellations: 0=no; 1=yes
Constellations=1

Change it to

Constellations=0

That should sort it, but backup your stars.dat file first, just incase Wink

Pro Member Trainee
navyredman Trainee

Doyley wrote:

If you go to D:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X and open starts.dat you should see a line saying

Constellations=1

Change it to

Constellations=0

That should sort it, but backup your stars.dat file first, just incase Wink

Nice find!

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

thanks Doyley this is just what I was looking for! 😎 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...