Product Review: Saitek X52 Flight Control System

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Holy cow!!!! 😳

Picked up this Flight Control System from Best Buy yesterday for $119.00 and let me tell you helicopter pilots something: holding a hover with this control system is AWESOME!!!!! I am talking about holding a hover at about 10 to 15 feet off the ground!! I went through my entire collection of helis......when I was using my Thrustmaster system, the flight system was very unstable. I found it hard to control them in normal flight, even using small movements. However with the Saitek controls, the system was very smooth, from small movements to the "oh crap! the ground!!" movements.

This system has the hat switches, a mouse control with scroll wheel and a button built into the wheel (yes you can even surf the net with the throttle) and so many buttons (which are lighted) I don't know what to deal with. This control system is fully programmable; 23 buttons and switches to choose from. There are two wheels on the throttle that you can use for trimming the Rudder, Ailerons, and Elevators. There is also a slider on the throttle which I will try to program for the flaps.

Then there is this trigger....a TWO POSITION TRIGGER.....you squeeze the trigger half way, the first action and squeeze the trigger all the way you'll get a second trigger! The there is a THIRD trigger, the PINKY TRIGGER!!!! Can anyone say brakes for that trigger? You can adjust the flight stick to your comfort, from over-sized hands to narrow ones. you also have a rudder lock for those who has a secondary rudder control system.

The system also comes with a 2" display with a stopwatch, a clock with three settings for three time zones, and a Profile mode, so you can switch from FSX to Combat Flight Simulator to FS 2004 without reprogramming your controls!!!! There is also three two way switches (which are also lighted) you can program......

The only thing I don't like with this system is that it doesn't come with the rudder control system! 😀

Now that I have done told you guys about this system, I am going to go and program it!!!! 😎

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Introducing the Saitek X52 Pro and Pro Flight Rudder Pedals(sold separately)

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52pro.htm

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

The pro isn't much different, it's only wireless, I think, and the screen is black and white and the normal is blue. Not much difference really.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Here are the differences:

All the features of the X52 combined with premium engineering and advanced Multi-Function Display (MFD) for real flying interaction.
2 dedicated MFD buttons and 2 rotary dials with in-built buttons to control additional game functionality
MFD displays data directly from games, including Radio Stack info from Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 and 10
Software Development Kit included for creating game-specific programs to interact with the MFD
Choice of red, amber or green button illumination
illuminated buttons and MFD - ideal for low light environments
Throttle unit illumination varies depending on throttle position
Enhanced MFD backlighting
Improved cable management system

Not completely different just improved, like FSX Deluxe and FSX Standard.

Last edited by CRJCapt on Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

I agree i have to X52 and i was going to get the pro but i can live without a new MFD. or pretty liights

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...